We are seeking to appoint an Inclusion Centre Lead Teacher to work within our brand new inclusion centre, Rainbow Fish,at Penbridge School.You will be an inspirational and enthusiastic leader with a real passion for making a difference and supporting our children and families.Rainbow Fish provides state-of-the-art facilities for children with complex cognition and learning difficulties aged between four and nine, who have an Educational Health Care Plan (EHCP). The children work towards being able to integrate into mainstream for some learning, with a high level of support to meet their specific needs from the provision staff.Our curriculum centres on each child as an individual, looking at their starting points and next steps.Class sizes are up to 8 pupils.
What you will need to succeed:
For a full list of responsibilities please see the attached job description and person specification
- Qualified Teacher Status
- You will have completed the SENCO accreditation or we will support you completing this qualification. This will be fully funded by the Trust.
- Committed to contributing to our fully inclusive school, being proactive in adjusting support for pupils
- Passionate about teaching and learning and improving the life chances of our children
- Outstanding classroom practice with high expectations for achievements and behaviour
- Be committed to “Being your best self” and be keen to work collaboratively with colleagues across the school, hub and Trust
- Be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum
- An aspiring leader of learning and happy to grasp exciting CPD opportunities
- Be willing to engage with research informed practice
- Contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our schools
At Penbridge Schools, we are a proud member of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust. This enables us to create a unique offer for children: an "all-through" educational journey in which they remain with the same family of schools throughout their education. Penbridge School is one of five primary schools and one secondary school in Portsmouth to benefit from Thinking Schools' award-winning resources, curriculum, and collaboration opportunities.
What our Trust will offer you:
- TSAT pay scales above national pay scales
- The opportunity to work with happy and well behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and colleagues within the school and our Trust including excellent CPD opportunities and career pathways
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Generous employer contribution to the Teachers Pension Scheme
- As a Trust we aim to foster a culture of appreciation with our fantastic Colleague recognition scheme
- Health and Wellbeing benefits including access to Thinking You -A 24/7 employee assistance programme for legal, financial, emergency health or lifestyle support
- A 'Refer a Friend' incentive scheme
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates, if you have any questions regarding this process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This job post has expired.