If you are seeking an authentic experience in a progressive and
award-winning school, then consider
this your personal invitation to USH. We are a heavily oversubscribed
community school which proudly and successfully delivers values-led education.
We are known for our excellent career progression routes and we attract
professionals who are willing to contribute to our sustained success whilst
embracing our family ethos. Ofsted (Oct 2019) said ‘Both staff and pupils
are proud of the
inclusive nature of the school.’
We are looking
to appoint an Internal Exclusion Coordinator to work
alongside the Guidance Team to raise educational achievement of identified
vulnerable students. Their key role will be to support and deliver alternative
provision for students who have been given the serious consequence of an
exclusion that takes place at USH rather than at home.
The postholder will therefore
be required to supervise students who have been withdrawn from lessons,
working with them and their teachers to ensure there is a minimal disruption to
The successful candidate will:
- Have energy and a “can do”
- Be able to demonstrate
qualities of patience, firmness and sensitivity in establishing relations with
students and staff
- Have some knowledge of
effective intervention programmes and the use of restorative practices
- Have experience of and
commitment to working with young people with emotional difficulties or
- Experience of working with
children with additional needs and be strong with behaviour management
- Have strong communication
We can offer you:
- A dedicated team who place
students at the heart of everything
- Amazing students who are proud
to be part of the school
- An open and honest professional culture and
- Excellent CPD opportunities and Training and Development
- In-house Teaching School.
- An individual induction programme supported by a mentor.
- Networking groups for Teachers, Business Managers, Site Teams
and IT staff.
- Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme or Local
Government Pension Scheme.
- Generous holiday entitlement for staff working 52 weeks per year
which increases with length of service.
- Free eye tests up to the value of £25 for users of VDU equipment
and contribution up to the value of £60 towards the purchase of glasses
specifically for the use of display screen equipment (where all conditions are
- Opportunity to become a school workplace Health and Wellbeing
representative, meeting with other schools on a termly basis and feeding into
the Health and Wellbeing strategy.
- Access to the Trust Health and Wellbeing pages.
- Access to a staff benefits portal through Sodexo and Portsmouth
- Free confidential telephone and face to face counselling for
staff and family members.
The successful applicant will be welcomed and supported in our friendly
environment where we have a passion for learning.
THE JEFFERYS EDUCATION
The Jefferys Education
Partnership is part of an umbrella Trust called the Hamwic Education Trust. At
the Hamwic Education Trust we offer unique opportunities for those individuals
that excel in education.
We aim to deliver an
outstanding education to our pupils and to do so we must employ outstanding
We offer a training
pathway for all employees including teachers, support staff and our middle and
Our staff have
opportunities to work on cross phase projects and to work in other schools
within the Trust in order to gain invaluable experience and enhance their
All schools within the
Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and
young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We will ensure that
all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All
successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks
along with other relevant employment checks.