Teacher, SEN specialist, Suitable for NQTs
To fulfil the professional standards expected of all teachers and thereby create effective and stimulating opportunities for learning that enables the development and progression of all learners.
The ideal candidate
To be considered a real asset to the school, you must demonstrate:
• An ability to engage in reflective practice and work with restorative justice approaches.
• A non-judgmental and empathic approach to young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health
needs and their families.
• Strong behaviour management skills.
• A genuine passion for education.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Excellent time management and organisational skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• An energetic and enthusiastic 'can do' attitude.
• Resilient and persevering personality.
• Both a friendly and professional manner.
Applying for the job
Please refer to supporting documentsMore on how to apply
60 pupils enrolled
11 to 16
About The Young People's Academy
The Young People’s Academy is a secondary co-educational special school for students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs, based in Hillingdon. The school aims to provide a therapeutic environment to support young people’s academic journey and psychological wellbeing.
We are looking for people who are passionate about working with students that present with mental health needs and challenging behaviours. This role is ideal for individuals who want to work within education, health and social care.
Please email completed application form. We do not accept CV or Agencies.
Arranging a visit to The Young People's Academy
Falling Lane, West Drayton, UB7 8AB