IT and Computer Science Teacher
35 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
24 April 2023 at 9am
8 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all ICTjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours
- View all Part timejobs - flexible on hours
- M1 to UPS3
What skills and experience we're looking for
The Business Studies, IT and Computer Science department is an established team delivering an organised curriculum for Business Studies, IT and Computer Science which is well planned and resourced. The team develop students’ learning in an open door, calm and purposeful manner acting coherently in their teaching approach and always supporting each other to gain the most from the individual subjects and the individual students.
candidate will have a strong and secure knowledge of the ICT curriculum. They
will have an understanding the importance of supporting the needs of all of the
students, whatever their expected attainment level is. They will be able to maintain
and build on a culture of success where
all feel valued
and proud of their achievements. They will be able to
be part of a hard-working team which supports each other to be the best
practitioners they can be and ensuring excellent outcomes for all of our
We are seeking an inspiring teacher of IT and Computer Science to join our team. We are looking for someone with character, who has the highest standards and ambitions, and the drive and determination to help ensure the department and our students flourish beyond what they thought possible.
The successful candidate will demonstrate: -
- a passion for IT and Computer Science and teaching with an excellent subject knowledge and pedagogical understanding
- they are an excellent classroom practitioner, who is experienced in teaching IT and Computer Science at Key Stages 3 and 4.
- the ability to help change, develop, motivate, challenge, support and inspire students of all abilities
- outstanding success at achieving consistently good results in IT and Computer Science.
- the ability to create and facilitate highly challenging and engaging lessons
- highest aspirations and expectations for all students and to lead this by personal example
What the school offers its staff
- the opportunity to be integral to school improvement both within maths and beyond, at a time that suits personal career progression
- well-considered professional development and a wide range of professional opportunities, including leadership development opportunities
- being a part of a supportive, committed and experienced team of maths specialists all specialist trained
- sound mentoring for all new staff
- a challenging and collegiate workplace with a high level of professional autonomy in which people matter
- excellent accommodation, resources and funding most notably in Maths which has recently renovated accommodation
- a work life balance that values individual happiness and fulfilment.
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Arnewood School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1057 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Arnewood School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01425 625405
The Arnewood School offers a welcoming, professional, and supportive atmosphere for new colleagues. Our academic record over a long period of time shows us to be a consistently high performing school, with impressive examination results at all key stages, including our vibrant sixth form. We aim to meet individual students' needs and help every child fulfill their potential placing great emphasis on a healthy balance between academic work and all-round social development. The school is ideally situated in New Milton at the gateway to The New Forest National Park with easy access to recreational activities by the sea and in the forest.
Arranging a visit to The Arnewood School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
ICT/Computing Teacher or Business Studies Teacher
The Blandford School
Milldown Road, Blandford Forum, Dorset, DT11 7SQ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Hampshire