- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Key stage
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Teacher Scale £27,186 - £42,192 per annum
Key Stage 1 Teacher
Salary: £27,186 - £42,192 per annum
Start date: January 2022
Closing Date: 7th Nov 2021
Interview Date : TBC
We require a Key Stage 1Teacher to join New Horizons Children’s Academy. You will be willing to take the opportunity to play a full part in the further development of our school and join us in our aims to make learning irresistible and to provide a nurturing and safe environment for everyone. The ideal candidate will have experience of teaching KS1 classes.
We are the best performing primary school in Medway, ranking well above average progress in all areas. – 2019 Department of Education Primary league table results
We are a modern three-form entry school that opened in September 2014 and teaches over 600 children from the local community. We have modern classrooms and facilities that will help the successful applicant teach an inspiring and creative curriculum to our students.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our modern school and join our Trust. You will work with brand new facilities and grasp the opportunity to influence and shape the vision of our Academy.
What you will need to succeed:
• Be a qualified Teacher
• Passionate about teaching and learning and have a positive outlook and excellent interpersonal skills
• Good or Outstanding classroom practice with high expectations for achievements and behaviour
• Be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum
• High expectations for yourself and the children to ensure that all of our children achieve their very best
• You will be dedicated to ensure that all of our children achieve their very best
• An aspiring leader of learning and happy to grasp exciting CPD opportunities
• Contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our schools.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
• Think about their Thinking
• Be their Best self
• Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What our Trust will offer you:
• Minimum starting salary £27,186 for all NQTs
• Revised Teacher Pay scale to retain and reward excellent teachers
• The opportunity to work with and support happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
• Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
• Regular opportunities to meet and share best practice with the relevant year group teachers of the other Medway Primary Schools within our trust
• Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
• Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
• As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Charted Teacher
• Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy
• A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our small and friendly school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
To arrange an informal telephone conversation please contact Georgina Spratt on firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.