- Fixed term (1 year)
- Teachers' Main Pay Scale 1-6
Key Stage 2 Class Teacher job summary
Hours - Full Time
Contract – 1 year Fixed Term, but with the potential to be Permanent
Salary – Teachers' Main Pay Scale
We are seeking a KS2 teacher who will have high ambitions for our pupils, be determined to make a difference in each and every child’s education and have a real passion for teaching. They will be able to use their imagination to bring new concepts to life and generate an infectious enthusiasm for learning within the classroom.
We are rightly proud of our WE CARE curriculum which is centred on six broad themes of global citizenship that ensures our learners are aware and understand the wider world – and their place in it. It ensures they are equipped to take an active role in their community and work with others to make our planet more equal, more fair and more sustainable. Our pupils believe that they can make a difference.
We can offer you:
• a dynamic and innovative school, with motivated and engaged learners.
• opportunities for you to develop curriculum leadership skills
• staff who love to work as a team and who have a sense of fun
• a unique, rural setting with exciting learning opportunities on our doorstep
• small class sizes
• the opportunity to teach a subject specialism across KS1 and KS2
• a strong commitment to your on-going professional development
• support and further opportunities for professional development as part of Excalibur Academies Trust.
In return we are looking for someone who:
• has high expectations of the pupils they teach and of themselves
• is committed to providing the best opportunities for all pupils
• has a genuine passion and enthusiasm and does not want to settle for second best
• is reflective about all aspects of their own practice and always looking for ways to keep getting that little bit better!
• can create a positive and engaging learning environment, including beyond the classroom.
• experience of teaching a mixed class of Year 5/6 would be advantageous; although not essential.
• cares about the world around them; experience of teaching global issues in the classroom would be advantageous.
• can work collaboratively with all staff, as part of a small but extremely supportive team.
• makes learning creative and exciting.
Closing Date for applications – Friday 10 June 2022
Interviews – w/c 20 June 2022
We reserve the right to appoint before the deadline if appropriate so would encourage early applications.
Excalibur Academies Trust is an equal opportunities employer. The Trust is proud to serve a diverse student and parent community. The aims of the Trust’s recruitment policy are to ensure that the best possible staff are recruited on the basis of their merits, abilities and suitability for the position; to ensure that all job applicants are considered equally and consistently; to ensure that no job applicant is treated unfairly on any grounds including race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or religious belief, sex or sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, disability or age; and to ensure that the School meets its commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people by carrying out all necessary pre-employment checks.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.