Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Mainscale Teacher Pay Range
The Governors at Barnoldswick Church of England Primary School are seeking to appoint an inspirational, dynamic and motivated teacher, who is passionate about ensuring every child reaches their full potential.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate who:
- is an outstanding practitioner with a creative approach and determination to raise standards;
- has high expectations for pupil achievement and conduct and able to lead by example;
- has good interpersonal skills with the ability to work well as part of our team;
- is committed to working in partnership with the Church, local community and parents;
- is a newly qualified or experienced main pay scale teacher.
In return we offer:
- a talented and enthusiastic teaching and support staff team;
- a supportive and proactive Governing Body;
- well behaved children who are eager to learn;
- fantastic professional development opportunities in a welcoming two-form entry school
The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'. Information provided by you or the Disclosure and Barring Service will be dealt with in a confidential manner in accordance with the DBS's Code of Practice. You may view the Code of Practice on the DBS website at www.gov.uk/dbs or alternatively a copy is available on request. Lancashire County Council has a Handling of DBS Certificate Information Policy this is available from the recruiting manager to applicants who are asked to complete a DBS application.
Lancashire County Council has a Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders this is available to all applicants upon request.
Applying for the job
Please note CVs are not accepted, to apply for this vacancy you need to complete the application form attached and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the closing date for applications is 17th May 2021 at noon. Interviews will take place on Tuesday 25th May 2021.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school, Church of England
391 pupils enrolled
4 to 11
About Barnoldswick Church of England Controlled Primary School
At Barnoldswick Church of England Primary, our vision is to create a happy, safe and exciting school where everyone can grow in confidence and be the best they can. Our school values are: Friendship; Compassion; Endurance; Resilience; Service; Humility; Wisdom; Tolerance; Thankfulness; Koinonia; Responsibility; Hope; Democracy; Creation; Justice; Reverence; Trust and Forgiveness. These Christian values are at the heart of everything we do to ensure we:
• Value and recognise the uniqueness and achievement of every member of our school family.
• Promote British and Christian Values and attitudes within the school and wider communities.
• Nurture and support all abilities, helping every child to achieve their potential in all areas of learning – intellectual, emotional, physical, social, moral, spiritual and cultural.
• Ensure excellence in teaching and learning within a high quality learning environment.
• Equip children with the resilience and perseverance to become creative and independent thinkers and to become learners for life within an ever-changing world.
• Develop learning activities which stimulate positive models of enquiry, reflection, challenge and innovation.
• Teach children to Love God, value all, work hard and serve others.
Arranging a visit to Barnoldswick Church of England Controlled Primary School
Visits to the school would usually be warmly welcomed and encouraged, however under the current Covid-19 restrictions, potential candidates are strongly recommended to view the virtual tour on our school website www.barnoldswick.lancs.sch.uk