Key Stage 2 Teacher - Permanent
Bramley Sunnyside Junior School, ROTHERHAM, South Yorkshire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £24,860 to £36,690|
This job description is to be performed in accordance with the provisions of the School Teachers' Pay and Conditions Document and within the range of duties set out in that document, so far as relevant to the post holder's title and salary grade. The performance of these duties is under the reasonable directions of the Head Teacher.
The main employment duties attached to this post are as follows:
• Teaching according to their educational needs, the pupils assigned to him/her including the setting and marking of work carried out by the pupil in school and at home.
• Planning and preparing lessons and activities, and attendant duties, for the integration of the work of the class into the work of the school as a whole.
• Assessment of the pupils assigned to him/her in line with whole school assessment procedures.
• The postholder is responsible to the Acting Headteacher for his/her teaching duties and responsibilities and for teaching tasks.
• The postholder should interact on a professional level with colleagues and seeks to establish, and maintain productive relationships with them, in order to promote mutual understanding with the aim of improving the quality of teaching and learning in the school.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE POST:
• The postholder undertakes the teaching of the pupils in Key Stage 2 and associated pastoral and administrative duties in respect of the pupils in the class.
• To undertake the general responsibilities in the school as agreed with the Acting Headteacher.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To demonstrate, through classroom practice, the correct implementation of school curriculum policies and the National Curriculum documents.
• To supervise the work of a teaching assistant, should they be allocated to him/her, and relevant to his/her responsibilities.
• To plan a curriculum following school guidelines and the National Curriculum documents, which gives each child their entitlement.
• To maintain class discipline in accordance with the school behaviour policy.
• To be responsible for monitoring and reporting to parents on the progress of pupils in the allocated class.
To participate appropriately in the corporate management and activities of the school, working within the broad outlines of the School Improvement Plan.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status
Qualified Teacher Status (including NQT's)
Essential skills and experience
• Recent and relevant experience as an effective and influential classroom teacher.
• Knowledge of what the best primary schools look like.
• Strategies for raising pupils’ achievements.
• Strategies for promoting pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, including knowledge about citizenship and ethnic and cultural diversity.
The opportunity to work alongside a motivated team of people who are enthusiastic, committed and passionate.
A wealth of CPD opportunities available.
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||347 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||7 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Bramley Sunnyside Junior School website (opens in a new window)|
Flanderwell Lane, ROTHERHAM, South Yorkshire, S66 3QW