- Job role
- Key stage
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Teacher Main Scale
The Local Governing Body and Board of Directors are seeking to appoint a teacher who:
- Puts the children first and ensures they are safe and happy, whilst challenging them to achieve the best they possibly can.
- Can demonstrate a good ability to meet individual pupil needs by challenging and supporting pupils and responding to the unique needs of all learners, including disadvantaged pupils, high prior attainers, those with English as an additional language and pupils with special educational needs or disabilities.
- Is completely supportive of our Catholic ethos and strong links with our Parish.
- Has a proven track record of good or better performance as a primary teacher / trainee teacher.
- Is well organised, capable, hardworking and resilient. As our school has appropriately high expectations of teaching and achievement it is essential that the successful applicant can demonstrate these attributes.
- Is a good team member who will work with others, including parents and carers and also use their own initiative to help make our school even better.
The successful applicant will be required to respect, preserve and develop the quality and distinctive culture of our Catholic school and will be required to sign a Catholic Education Service contract.
A practising Catholic teacher is preferred although we warmly welcome applications from anyone prepared to wholeheartedly support our Catholic ethos. Teaching in a Catholic school requires significant extra commitment and is a serious undertaking.
Applying for the job
A CES application form is available to download from www.catholiceducation.org.uk Only CES forms are acceptable. Please use the teacher application form.
Email applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and postal applications sent for the attention of the school office at the main school address: St Chad’s Catholic Primary School, Catholic Lane, Sedgley, DY3 3UE. Telephone 01384 889423
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, Roman Catholic, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 210 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
About St Chad's Catholic Primary School
St Chad’s Catholic Primary (Sedgley) is:
- A voluntary Catholic academy that is part of the St John Bosco Catholic Academy (Dudley) together with St Joseph’s Catholic Primary in Dudley, Bishop Milner Catholic College in Dudley, St Mary’s Catholic Primary School Wednesbury, Stuart Bathurst Catholic Secondary School Wednesbury, St Bernadette’s Catholic Primary School Walsall and St John Bosco Catholic Primary School West Bromwich. This offers excellent opportunities for working alongside our partner schools.
- Judged as ‘Outstanding’ in our most recent RE, Collective Worship and Catholic Life Inspection (May 2016) and is a school with a very strong Catholic ethos and excellent Parish links.
- A good school that is under recent new leadership and on a journey of rapid school improvement.
- Popular and over-subscribed and has a very friendly and caring atmosphere.
- A one form entry Catholic school that serves Sedgley and beyond.
- A happy and safe environment where everyone, children and adults alike, is given the chance to flourish.
Arranging a visit to St Chad's Catholic Primary School
Visits to the school are warmly welcome and can be arranged by contacting the school office by phone or email