Key Stage 2 Teacher - Temporary Position
The South Hams Federation of schools are looking to appoint a full-time class teacher for Key Stage 2 class at Kingsbridge Community Primary School. This post is temporary in the first instance starting on 1st January 2020 until 31st August 2020.
• Passionate about children’s learning and keen to ensure all children succeed and make progress?
• Able to provide a proven track record of high standards?
• Well-organized, and committed to high standards?
• Keen to be part of a dynamic forward thinking community working with partners at both a local and national level?
• Enthusiastic and inspirational - ready to go the extra mile?
We can offer:
• Lively, exciting and creative environments in which to teach.
• Excellent opportunities and support for professional and personal development.
• A great team of dedicated, forward thinking and creative staff across the Federation.
• Delightful and enthusiastic pupils who are eager to learn.
Kingsbridge Community Primary School forms part of the South Hams Federation; a successful forward thinking dynamic Federation based in the South Hams region of Devon comprising Kingsbridge, Loddiswell, Malborough with South Huish C of E, Modbury and Stokenham Area Primary Schools; all of which are maintained primary schools.
The South Hams Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for the post.
To arrange a school visit, please contact the school office directly on 01548 852009.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Sound up to date pedagogical and subject knowledge that underpins own practice.
Knowledge of expected standards in Key Stage 2.
A classroom presence that demonstrates that you care about every child, their present and their future.
Evidence of evaluating and developing own practice.
Evidence of good/outstanding teaching.
Evidence of children making good or better progress.
Ability to create a learning environment that is enticing and supports children with risk-taking.
Know how to teach and support children with varying learning styles and needs.
Manage pupils’ behaviour consistently in line with agreed policies.
Effectively use assessment to inform teaching and learning.
Ability to plan alongside a partner teacher, whilst focusing on the needs of the class.
Effectively direct the work of teaching assistants.
Experience of liaising with parents about their child’s education.
About Kingsbridge Community Primary School
- Belle Cross Road, Kingsbridge, Devon, TQ7 1NL
- LA Maintained School
- Kingsbridge Community Primary School website (opens in a new window)