- Main Scale - Upper Scale
Key Stage 2 Teacher job summary
Are you an inspirational and enthusiastic KS2 Teacher looking for a new challenge? Do you have the teaching skills and personality required to motivate and energize pupils? Are you passionate about the Primary curriculum and helping pupils to achieve their full potential?
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, highly organised and excellent KS2 teacher to join our friendly and supportive Primary Phase. The successful candidate will be capable of inspiring pupils through their passion for teaching and learning, and a desire to make a difference to pupil achievement. Due to Washwood Heath Academy being an All through Academy, there is potential to work with colleagues and pupils in Key Stage 3 and 4 to gain further subject specific development and gain an understanding of how pupils develop and progress, and the skills needed on their transition into Key Stage 3.
Washwood Heath Academy is a relatively new All Through Academy (Primary, Secondary and Sixth Form) in the East of Birmingham. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a newly developed Primary team and contribute to Primary Phase, which seeks to provide a first class education for all of its learners. In order for all pupils to achieve academic excellence, we deliver a knowledge-rich curriculum, following Rosenshine’s Principles, where teachers are the experts and their role it is to convey their knowledge and expertise to pupils. We believe that all pupils are entitled to learn about ‘The best, which has been thought and said’ (Matthew Arnold).
Our school is in a central location, with wonderful and enthusiastic pupils, amazing staff who always go the extra mile for their classes. Our friendly, family feel is part of the reason that parents choose Washwood Heath Academy for their children.
We can offer you:
• A welcoming and positive school with children who are respectful and willing to learn.
• A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their potential, irrespective of their ability or starting points.
• A supportive and forward thinking Leadership team, consisting of ‘Leaders that know their school very well’ Ofsted 2020.
• A supportive and forward thinking Core Team of Directors and Trustees.
• A dynamic, dedicated and hard-working team of teachers and support staff who want the best for children.
• Confident, friendly and aspirational children who are respectful to everyone.
• A commitment to your continued professional growth and wellbeing.
• To be a part of the Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust that provides a full suite of benefits and rewards to support wellbeing including 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, access to wellbeing advice, cycle to work scheme, contribution to glasses for DSE users.
• Onsite parking.
• A wonderful opportunity to make your own mark!
This post is suitable an experienced teacher who is looking for a new challenge.
Informal conversations and visits are warmly welcomed. Please contact Helen Powis Jones, Head of Primary Phase via the Primary Office 0121 675 7272, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
N.B. CVs will not be accepted
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.
Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.