Key Stage 2 Teachers - Two Vacancies
Kingsbridge Community Primary School, Kingsbridge, Devon
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £23,720 to £35,008|
The South Hams Federation of schools are looking to appoint two full-time class teachers for Key Stage 2 at Kingsbridge Community Primary School. The posts are permanent, to start on 1st January 2020.
• Passionate about children’s learning and keen to ensure all children succeed and make progress?
• Able to provide a proven track record of high standards?
• Well-organized, and committed to high standards?
• Keen to be part of a dynamic forward thinking community working with partners at both a local and national level?
• Enthusiastic and inspirational - ready to go the extra mile?
We can offer:
• Lively, exciting and creative environments in which to teach.
• Excellent opportunities and support for professional and personal development.
• A great team of dedicated, forward thinking and creative staff across the Federation.
• Delightful and enthusiastic pupils who are eager to learn.
• The opportunity to work as part of the South Hams Federation with scope for collaborative working. An interest in leading and developing a curriculum subject across the school would be an advantage, as this is a key role that can be developed within school.
Kingsbridge Community Primary School forms part of the South Hams Federation; a successful forward thinking dynamic Federation based in the South Hams region of Devon comprising Kingsbridge, Loddiswell, Malborough with South Huish C of E, Modbury and Stokenham Area Primary Schools; all of which are maintained primary schools.
The South Hams Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for the post.
To arrange a school visit, please contact the school office directly on 01548 852009.
Closing Date for applications: Thursday, 17th October 2019.
Interviews to be held at Kingsbridge Community Primary School on Tuesday, 29th October 2019.
Visit http://www.kingsbridgeprimary.co.uk for further information and to download the application form.
Email completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply by noon on the closing date.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Sound up to date pedagogical and subject knowledge that underpins own practice.
Knowledge of expected standards in Key Stage 2.
A classroom presence that demonstrates that you care about every child, their present and their future.
Evidence of evaluating and developing own practice.
Evidence of good/outstanding teaching.
Evidence of children making good or better progress.
Ability to create a learning environment that is enticing and supports children with risk-taking.
Know how to teach and support children with varying learning styles and needs.
Manage pupils’ behaviour consistently in line with agreed policies.
Effectively use assessment to inform teaching and learning.
Ability to plan alongside a partner teacher, whilst focusing on the needs of the class.
Effectively direct the work of teaching assistants.
Experience of liaising with parents about their child’s education.
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||384 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||4 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Kingsbridge Community Primary School website (opens in a new window)|
Belle Cross Road, Kingsbridge, Devon, TQ7 1NL