Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Will consider full-time, job share
Main pay scale
Primary Class Teacher – Maternity Cover - April 2021 until April 2022.
Sherborne St John CE Primary School. NOR 113
The successful candidate will:
• Be an excellent teacher who inspires children and engages them in their learning
• Have high expectations of achievement and behaviour for all children and be able to use
assessment for learning to ensure all children make excellent progress
• Be passionate about their role in helping children become independent and motivated
• Have excellent inter-personal, organisational and communication skills
• Be able to work effectively as part of a team, be willing to become involved in all aspects
of school life and have a good sense of humour
• Be able to lead a subject – likely to be PE and/or Computing
In return we can offer:
• A very friendly and supportive staff
• Happy and enthusiastic children who enjoy school
• An inclusive Church school where everyone is valued and encouraged to succeed
Applying for the job
Please contact the school office to arrange an appointment or request an application pack via email on email@example.com or telephone on 01256 850180.
Local authority maintained school, Church of England
116 pupils enrolled
4 to 11
About Sherborne St John Church of England Primary School
Sherborne St John Church of England Primary School is a small Church school with a caring Christian ethos. We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated teacher to join our team of committed and friendly staff due to a teacher going on maternity leave.
This is a fixed term maternity cover post, teaching a mixed Year 3/4 class and is anticipated to be for one year.
Arranging a visit to Sherborne St John Church of England Primary School
Whilst we normally suggest a visit to our school, under the current restrictions we recommend that your first port of call is to have a look at our website to get a good feel for our school.
If you like what you see, you are welcome to request a virtual visit with Mrs Payne, the Headteacher, by contacting the school office to arrange a mutually convenient time.
Church Lane, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG24 9HT