- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Key stage
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- £25,714 to £36,961
St. Margaret’s Primary Academy, Lowestoft
Application Deadline: Wednesday 20th October 2021 at 9.00am
Start date: January 2022 or sooner
Contract type: Permanent, Full time
Hours: 32.5 hpw
Do you want to make a difference to children’s lives? Do you have a passion for teaching? Are you able to work as part of a committed team to ensure ALL pupils thrive?
Then come and join the team at St Margaret’s!
Do you enjoy working with children in KS1? Are you an outstanding practitioner? If so we are looking for an inspirational KS1 teacher to join our team.
At St Margaret’s Primary Academy, we pride ourselves on providing a safe, secure, positive and nurturing learning environment for the children from the local community and surrounding area. We have a committed & dedicated team of teachers & support staff who work tirelessly to extend the children's learning opportunities, our aim is to inspire our children to believe in themselves and what they may achieve in the future; Unlocking Potential; Transforming Lives. This is an exciting opportunity to work within our friendly reception team and make a real difference to children’s lives.
We are part of the REAch2 Academy Trust (www.reach2.org) which provides the school with excellent support through training, coaching and mentoring.
So if you are:
• A person with a strong moral purpose to enable achievement for all.
• An individual who is committed to and passionate about high quality teaching.
• Ready to learn, as part of a team and be challenged to become the best that you can be.
• Able to remain calm and adaptable to the needs of different children.
• Ready to share expertise and drive for school-wide improvement.
We can offer you:
• The chance to be part of a Multi-Academy Trust that genuinely cares about YOU
• The chance to work with a fantastic team in a two form entry school.
• An excellent CPD training programme with REAch2 and beyond
• A research-led school who works tirelessly to develop pedagogy.
• A tenacious and courageous newly appointed Senior Leadership Team who care fervently about inclusion and promote creativity and thinking outside of the box
• Fun-loving, energetic and enthusiastic pupils
• Proactive parents waiting to join us on our journey to excellence
• The opportunity to make a REAL difference to the lives and life-chances of the pupils at St Margaret’s Primary Academy
Give us a call even if you're just a tiny bit interested - it really is as exciting as it sounds
Application packs can be obtained by emailing the school on: email@example.com
Applications to be received by Wednesday 20th October 2021 at 9.00am to: firstname.lastname@example.org or addressed to: Mr R Wright, St. Margaret’s Primary Academy, Church Road, Lowestoft, NR32 4JF.
Please complete our Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form.
The school, and REAch2 Academy Trust, reserves the right to appoint earlier if an exceptional candidate applies for the post, so early applications are strongly encouraged.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 420 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
About St Margaret's Primary Academy
Thank you for your interest in this role at St Margaret's Primary Academy.
It's not been an easy year has it? With the worry of Covid-19 and all the challenges the year has brought with it. We understand that it has been an uncertain time. Not least for our staff, pupils and parents.
As a result, we are more determined than ever to offer our team and our children the support they need and deserve.
If you've done your research, you'll know that I was newly appointed to the role of Headteacher in September 2020. I can honestly say that we have the most welcoming, caring and collaborative team, who I know would make any new colleague feel right at home straight away.
I believe in the wellbeing of all staff members, having been a full-time class teacher only recently - I understand and can still vividly remember the pressures of the classroom. We aim to work smarter, not harder, to lead with empathy and most of all create an environment of personal and professional growth for all the people committed to making St Margaret's outstanding.
This is an opportunity to join a school, shaped in a different way. Yes, we are working to improve outcomes, environment and standards to secure a 'Good' but we don't do it for Ofsted. We do it because we are proud practitioners, who are respected, highly skilled and upskilled throughout the year. Because we are committed to giving our children the best life chances possible. And because we're St Margaret's - we remember why we do this every day and we are not afraid to break down barriers and think outside the box!
We are delighted that you are considering joining the team. If you are passionate, ready to learn, have high expectations and integrity. If you believe in working together and aren't afraid of having audacious goals then we're the school for you. (If you have a great sense of humour then that will definitely help too!)
We look forward to meeting you and welcoming you to our school.
Miss Zara Lambert
St Margaret’s Primary Academy - Cultural Fit
Working in a school where your values are not aligned is a miserable experience. So we BOTH need to have alignment if you come to work here.
Please consider our Cultural Fit and our Core Values, make sure that it is a good fit for you and that you can align yourself and be held accountable to them.
1. Safeguarding is at the heart of everything we do.
2. We believe that we all have a professional obligation to improve as teachers.
3. We believe that every child deserves a champion.
4. We believe in a culture of the possible, where we can all make progress beyond what anyone, including ourselves could have imagined.
5. We believe that truly great teaching is that which improves students’ progress.
6. We believe an evidence-informed approach to teaching and learning helps is identify what works best in the classroom.
7. We believe that determination and perseverance is the key to success for staff and students.
8. We believe in creating the conditions and the environment for staff and students to grow.
9. We believe basic literacy and numeracy are essential to students making good progress.
10. We believe in teaching key issues; Diversity, Sustainability and Iconic/Influential People through our curriculum and offer a world view and high standards of personal development and SMSC to all our children.
11. We believe that feedback should be timely and respond to the needs of the individual.
12. We value generosity of spirit and positive reframing.
13. We acknowledge that we all make mistakes.
14. We value those who are able to learn from their mistakes.
15. We live by our core values, for staff and students these shape our core purpose.
Staff and Pupils’ Wellbeing is threaded through all of our core values.
• Safety is our number 1 priority
• We keep ourselves and each other safe
• We ensure our actions make others feel safe
• We understand how to stay safe online
Ready to Learn
• We meet each opportunity with a learner’s mindset
• We are always ready to learn more
• We learn as much from our setbacks as we do from our achievements
• We are resilient and persistent learners who take risks
• We actively pursue growth and learning
• We embrace and drive new ways to learn and grow
• We help each other and are kind
• We collaborate as learners
• We are curious innovators
• We work together to support our community
• We work together to build understanding and democracy
• We work together to create a better future for our planet
• We believe in ourselves and others
• We are mindful of each other
• We take pride in our work
• We persevere with a challenge
• We are reflective
• We are honest
• We are driven by our values and core purpose
• We take responsibility
• We hold ourselves and others accountable