Key Stage Two Class Teacher
Main Purpose of Job
To carry out professional duties and to have responsibility for an assigned class.
To be responsible for the day-to-day work and management of the class and the safety and welfare of the pupils, during on-site and off-site activities.
To promote the aims and objectives of the school and maintain its Christian Ethos.
The responsibilities of the post are to be performed in accordance with the provisions of the most up to date edition of the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions document and within the range of teachers’ duties set out in that document.
• To create and manage a caring, supportive, purposeful and stimulating environment which is conducive to children’s learning.
• To plan and prepare lessons in order to deliver the National Curriculum ensuring breadth and balance in all subjects.
• To identify clear teaching objectives and learning outcomes, with appropriate challenge and high expectations.
• To maintain good order and discipline among the pupils, safeguarding their health and safety.
• To organise and manage groups or individual pupils ensuring differentiation of learning needs, reflecting all abilities.
• To plan opportunities to develop the social, emotional and cultural aspects of pupils’ learning.
• To maintain a regular system of monitoring, assessment, record-keeping and reporting of children’s progress.
• To ensure effective use of support staff within the classroom, including parent helpers.
• To participate in staff meetings as required.
• Contribute to the development and co-ordination of a particular area of the curriculum.
• To ensure that school policies are reflected in daily practice.
• To communicate and consult with parents over all aspects of their children’s education – academic, social and emotional.
• To liaise with outside agencies when appropriate eg. Educational Psychologist.
• To continue professional development, maintaining a portfolio of training undertaken.
• To meet with parents and appropriate agencies, to contribute positively to the education of the children concerned.
• To support the Headteacher in promoting the ethos of the school.
• To promote the welfare of children and to support the school in safeguarding children though relevant policies and procedures.
• To promote equality as an integral part of the role and to treat everyone with fairness and dignity.
Teacher required from Oct 2019 but we will consider a Jan 2020 start.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher status/ Training towards
The Class Teacher should have experience of teaching in primary age range (unless NQT)
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
The Class Teacher should have knowledge and understanding of:
• the theory and practice of providing effectively for the individual needs of all children.
• the New National Curriculum
• the monitoring, assessment, recording and reporting of pupils’ progress;
• the statutory requirements of legislation concerning Child Protection;
• effective teaching and learning styles.
The Class Teacher will be able to:
• promote the school’s ethos, vision and aims
• develop good personal relationships within a team;
• establish and develop positive relationships with parents, governors and the community;
• communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) to a variety of audiences;
• create a happy, challenging and effective learning environment.
We can offer:
• a vibrant and happy school which welcomes innovation
• well behaved and happy children who want to learn
• a tried and tested, highly successful NQT induction programme
• strong commitment to CPD and supportive team culture
• approachable and supportive leadership
Visits to the school are very much welcomed. To arrange a visit, or if you require any further information, please contact the school office on 01494 521420 or contact us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
About Hazlemere Church of England Combined School
- Amersham Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP15 7PZ
- LA Maintained School
- Hazlemere Church of England Combined School website (opens in a new window)