We are looking for an enthusiastic Kitchen Assistant to join our team working between the hours 10.30am - 2pm totalling 16 hours per week.
- Support the cook to ensure that meals are well prepared, served and cleared away effectively
- To ensure the kitchen and associated equipment are maintained to the highest standard
- To provide children and adults with a friendly and effective service
- To ensure all counters, fridges and tables are set up accordingly prior to service times.
- To assist with basic food preparation and cooking as directed by the cook and supervisor/assistant cook.
- To ensure attractive presentation of the food throughout service.
- To ensure the kitchen and serving area are clean and tidy at all times.
- To ensure service checks are recorded.
- To clean and clear all food service areas and the kitchen after service.
- To ensure the cleaning schedule is followed in accordance with HACCP regulations and COSHH regulations.
- Covering the till during lunch times. (Handling and banking cash at our Djanogly City Academy sites).
- To carry out reasonable requests of management.
What we can offer you:
culture of trust, where all contributions are recognised and respected
skilled senior leadership team with a strong ethos of mutual support and
who engage well and want to learn
embedded whole trust commitment to professional development
skilled and experienced central service team who proactively support our
academies, enabling educationalists to focus on our core purpose –
teaching and learning
real commitment to work-life balance – we remember we are human beings
first and educators second
Trust benefits including: free parking, company paid healthcare, travel
discounts and excellent training and development opportunities
Visits to the
academy are encouraged! If you wish to arrange a visit, discover more about
this exciting opportunity, need any further information or you would like to
have an informal discussion, please contact us to arrange a convenient date.
For further details
about the Academy and Djanogly Learning Trust, please view our careers pages on
This job post has expired.