- Job role
- Key stages
- Early years, KS1, KS2
- Working pattern
- Term time
Full time & linked to English Hub funding
- Contract type
- Fixed term (Academic year 21/22)
Do you want to be English Hub Lead at one of the 34 schools nationally to be awarded the English Hub Status from the Department of Education? Yes? We look forward to hearing from you.
Knowledge School English Hub Lead
Salary: Middle Leadership - based on experience
Contract type: Full time & linked to English Hub funding
(4 days a week English Hub, 1 day a week class cover teacher)
Contract term: Fixed Term
Start date: ASAP
Closing date: Wednesday 20th October (at noon) with interviews held on Friday 22nd October.
West London Free School Primary is a member of Knowledge Schools Trust and is one of 34 schools nationally to be awarded the English Hub Status from the Department of Education. As a result of this, we will be working with a large number of schools in the region and we are therefore seeking to appoint an English Hub Leader to direct this exciting project.
We are looking for an outstanding practitioner/ leader who has experience and passion for the teaching of early reading and phonics. The role is based upon delivery of the DfE’s three priority areas: Early Language Development; Age Appropriate Phonics Provision; Developing a Love of Reading.
The Role Will Involve
• Leading and developing the team of English Specialists in their role supporting schools. Coordinating the work of the English Specialists and overseeing the impact of the school to school support.
• Being committed to leading on establishing and maintaining links with a number of schools whilst supporting them to develop the teaching and learning of phonics; early reading and a love of reading.
• Supporting schools, where appropriate, with writing of Action Plans; leading the audit process; working with the Executive Headteacher of Knowledge schools Trust Primaries and English Specialists to prioritise support required by schools; making decisions collectively on allocated funding and intensive support across the English Hub.
• Liaise with the Executive Headteacher and administration team to collate the information needed to meet the deadline for the monthly progress reports to the DfE. Take a lead role reporting progress made by the Hub against the three priority areas.
• Maintain communications with colleagues from other English Hubs to support other schools and develop Knowledge Schools English Hub effectively.
• Where appropriate work with members of Knowledge Schools Trust Primaries when coordinating and delivering CPD to schools.
In line with National Agendas and Teaching School initiatives, the role may include occasional responsibilities deemed reasonable and appropriate by the Headteacher.
Further information and application forms are available via our website.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Wednesday 20th October at noon
Knowledge School Trust is committed to staff development and training.
Further details and an application form are obtainable from the school website
Knowledge Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Completed application forms should be emailed to:
Mrs. Laura Lund, Executive Headteacher of Knowledge Schools Trust
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Free School, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 420 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
About West London Free School Primary
Our Schools offer a unique experience for the children, whilst always ensuring they are safe, happy and enjoying the richest learning opportunities. Of course skills in English and Maths are extremely important, but we also offer the primary knowledge curriculum giving children the bedrock of key knowledge to allow them to develop into successful learners. Specialist teaching in Art, Music and Physical Development enhance the curriculum even further as well as a growing number of after-school clubs and events. We have high expectations of the children in their conduct and learning behaviours and we are very proud of how well they reach those high standards. The staff are dedicated professionals who are fully committed to the life of the school and the children.
Arranging a visit to West London Free School Primary
To visit the school please email Mrs. Laura Lund, Executive Headteacher of Knowledge Schools Trust on Careers@wlfs-primary.org or call on 020 8741 9967