We are looking to appoint a committed, enthusiastic, creative and highly motivated experienced Class Teacher, to join Connected Learning Multi Academy Trust. This position is based at Iceni Academy, Colchester.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is flexible and committed to high standards of learning, teaching and behaviour
• Is creative and can inspire learning
• Is a good communicator and able to work as part of a team
• Has consistently high expectations of themselves and their pupils demonstrating good or better classroom practice
We can offer you:
• Professional development opportunities
• Friendly and supportive staff
• Well behaved and responsive pupils
There are currently five schools within our trust in the Witham and Colchester areas, please visit www.connectedlearningMAT.co.uk for more information about each of these schools and our current vacancies.
Visits are warmly welcomed and encouraged, please contact Michelle Smith, HR Manager on 01376 518190 to make an appointment to visit Iceni Academy.
Connected Learning Multi-Academy Trust are committed to:
• Safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety, and the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, of children and young people;
• Promoting equality of opportunity and community cohesion where the diversity of difference backgrounds and circumstances is appreciated and positively valued;
• The fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs
and expects all staff, volunteers and other workers to share this commitment.
The appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance and satisfactory references.
Responsible to: Head of School
Responsible for: Class Teaching Assistant
Salary/Grade: Main Scale/Upper Pay Scale
The Professional duties of teachers, (other than the Head of School) are set out in the School Teachers pay & Conditions Document and describe the duties required of all teachers. In addition, the specific requirements of the post of classroom teacher, along with the particular duties expected of the post holder have been set out below:
Responsibility for a Class
Co-ordinating activities relating to the role of Class Teacher, to include:
• Developing, monitoring, reviewing, evaluating effectiveness of and reporting on policy, action plans and practice
• Planning and managing associated resources/teaching materials, teaching programmes, courses of study, methods of teaching and assessment
• Giving guidance, support and encouragement to staff and leading in-service development sessions
• Assess, monitor, record and report on the learning needs, progress and achievements of assigned pupils
This Job description is not a comprehensive definition of the post. Discussions will take place on a regular basis to clarify individual responsibilities within the general framework and character of the post as identified below.
Connected Learning Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. They are also committed to reducing radicalisation and Prevent Duty.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
About Iceni Academy
- Gloucester Avenue, Colchester, Essex, CO2 9AZ
- Iceni Academy website (opens in a new window)