KS1 Class Teacher
We are looking for a class teacher to join our Year 1 teaching team. Could we be the team for you?
Have you ever ……………..
* taken part in a lindy hop flash mob at the end of a school day?
* collected a prize winning netball or football trophy?
* enjoyed a night walk in the woods with your class?
* made a musical instrument out of a vegetable?
* collected fresh eggs to make cakes ?
* made charcoal to make your own pencils?
If this sounds like the creative curriculum you want to be able to offer children, we would love you to come for a visit and see us in action.
Our large Federation is a forward thinking, thriving school with opportunities for aspiring leaders and staff who want to provide an irresistible curriculum for our community of children. We have a great staff team who are all extremely hard working and passionate about great outcomes for children in whatever role they have. We all have an important role to play in ensuring that every child is the best that they can be.
We are looking for people to join our team who are:
* Passionate about engaging children in their learning
* Determined to get the best from every situation and to be the best that they can be
* Are prepared to go the extra mile
* Are intuitive and positive thinkers
* Open minded with a growth mindset
* Take their job seriously but not themselves
* Notice that a job needs doing and gets it done
* Have a desire to be part of the Earlswood community
Why not come along for a visit to find out more about the great opportunities we have on offer! Please contact Ann-Marie Allen to arrange a visit, a member of our team would love to show you around.
Closing date for applications: Friday 17th January at 12.00noon. Please note that we reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date so early applications are welcomed.
Start Date: as soon as possible.
To apply, please complete the application form and write a personal statement which demonstrates how you meet the criteria specified in the Person Specification. This should be no longer than two sides of typed A4.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status.
Essential skills and experience
* Teaching experience in EYFS, Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2.
* Have knowledge of the National Curriculum.
* Know how to challenge and differentiate work for children of varying abilities so all children make progress.
* Have experience of working with other adults, support staff, teachers and other professionals in the classroom.
Skills and Abilities:
* Able to create a safe, happy, challenging, stimulating and effective learning environment.
* To motivate children to want to learn and improve.
* The ability to encourage independent learning.
* To creatively use the curriculum and the outdoors to provide meaningful learning experiences.
* Ability to work closely as part of a team and communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) to a variety of audiences.
We can offer you:
* A place to learn together
* A supportive and friendly team
* Tailored CPD opportunities
* Sports specialist
* Music specialist
* Enthusiastic and well behaved children
* Loyal and supportive colleagues
* Negotiable salary
About Earlswood Infant and Nursery School
- St John's Road, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 6DZ
- LA Maintained School
- Earlswood Infant and Nursery School website (opens in a new window)