- Job role
- Teaching assistant
- Key stages
- KS1, KS2
- Working pattern
- Term time
35 hours per week 08.30am - 3.30pm
- Contract type
- Hay 4, Point 7
We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative Teaching Assistant to join our inclusive and welcoming inner London Catholic Primary School.
At Saint Joseph’s, our Teaching Assistants play a key role in supporting children with their learning and development. They work closely with class teachers to understand the learning that the children need to achieve and are responsible for working with individual pupils or groups to enable them to make excellent progress. Specific training opportunities are offered so that TAs can lead their own groups and interventions. TAs are also expected to support teaching staff with their planning, preparation and assessment activities.
This is an excellent opportunity for a teaching assistant or a university graduate considering a career in education e.g. through the Schools Direct Programme.
. The successful candidate will be required to:
• Support children with their learning and development during lessons or activities as directed by the class teacher.
• Assess and record children’s attainment and progress.
• Lead small group sessions and interventions according to teacher’s planning.
• Promote the general progress and well-being of pupils in your class/group.
• Maintain high standards of behaviour among pupils through the use of the school’s behaviour policy.
• Participate in administrative and organisational tasks relating to the duties above.
• Supervise pupils during playtimes.
• Participate in Performance Management activities and also further training and professional development sessions as they arise.
• Demonstrate a good standard of written and spoken English and a good subject knowledge of Mathematics
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Roman Catholic, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 216 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
About Saint Joseph's Catholic Primary School, the Borough
Saint Joseph’s is a one form entry multicultural Catholic Primary School in the heart of The Borough, SE1. We serve a very diverse community in an historic and thriving area which boasts excellent transport links through London Bridge and The Borough.
Arranging a visit to Saint Joseph's Catholic Primary School, the Borough
Please contact school on above telephone number and speak to Karen Coggins, School Office Manager.