- Job role
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Fixed term (Up to 12 months to cover a maternity leave)
Our teacher at Whitchurch Primary School is leaving us, for a while, to have a baby after Christmas and we need someone to help us learn until she comes back. We think our school is incredible. It would be great if you wanted to come and teach us. The children at Whitchurch are kind and generous to each other and we are respectful. We hope you’ll come and visit us soon to see how lovely we all are here !
Love from Sebbie, Isla, and Florence.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 135 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
About Whitchurch Primary School
We are hoping to find a passionate and highly motivated class teacher to join our experienced team full time teaching years 1 & 2. This is a temporary role for up to 12 months to cover a maternity leave.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a vision and passion for delivering our curriculum in a creative way that will inspire and motivate our young learners
• Be self-motivated, flexible, pragmatic and have a good sense of humour
• Have high expectations for our pupils and what they are capable of achieving
• Work as part of a relaxed, hard-working & supportive team of experienced staff, who are all committed to, and enjoy their roles in, teaching, encouraging and nurturing the children here
• Ideally, have recent experience of delivering a phonics programme to KS1 children
• Be committed to safeguarding and the wellbeing of both children and peers
We can offer:
• Polite, curious & enthusiastic children with very supportive parents
• The opportunity to work within a friendly, dynamic and dedicated team;
• An excellent track record of supporting all staff to develop and grow professionally
• A team to support you, but also a good degree of autonomy in the classroom
• A uniquely, creative school structure, teaching a registration class of 30 and also smaller groups of 20, in year groups, for a number of lessons each day
• The chance to experience a beautiful village setting - with alpacas for neighbours!
• A steady supply of tea and cake
Applications are welcomed whether you are just at the beginning of your teaching career or if you want to develop your experience in a different setting. We are a wholly inclusive school and would like to hear from you all !
Arranging a visit to Whitchurch Primary School
We welcome visits - please call the school office on 0118 984 2347 to arrange to meet our Headteacher.