KS1 or KS2 Teacher
Ford Primary School, Plymouth, Devon
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £24,373 to £35,971|
We are looking for a teacher who is:
1) Passionate about securing positive outcomes for every individual and committed to educating and nurturing the whole child
2) An outstanding classroom practitioner with a strong vision for excellent practice
3) Able to engage and inspire all pupils to develop a love of learning
4) Able to work as part of a creative and inspirational team
5) Able to build outstanding relationships with parents and the community
6) Demonstrate high expectations of behaviour and achievement for all pupils
7) Be able to demonstrate creative approaches to the delivery of the curriculum
Essential educational requirements
1) Undergraduate degree level
1) Appropriate initial teaching qualification.
Essential skills and experience
1) The ability to demonstrate good or outstanding teaching and learning.
2) Recent KS1 or KS2 teaching experience.
3) Knowledge and understanding of the National Curriculum and the implications of the new Ofsted framework.
4) An understanding of inclusion with high expectations for the development of the whole child.
5) Recent knowledge and experience of teaching early reading skills.
6) Using Assessment for Learning effectively to support teaching and learning.
7) An understanding and commitment to safeguarding and promoting children’s welfare.
8) Effective behaviour management strategies.
We can offer:
1) MPS 1-6
2) Enthusiastic children
3) Hard working, motivated, supportive and dedicated colleagues
4) A commitment to giving pupils high quality, purposeful and exciting learning experiences
5) Opportunities and support for professional development
|School size||199 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||3 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Ford Primary School website (opens in a new window)|
About Ford Primary School
We are a very popular school, with many of our parents and grandparents having attended! We have around 200 children from Nursery to Year 6. The older part of the building, built in 1895, is home to our KS2 classes and our 2 halls. This is joined to our newer building, which is home to our Foundation and KS1 classes, by our entrance and office block. The school was last inspected in June 2017 and received a good grade with some outstanding features…for which the whole school community is rightly very proud. ”...a school that goes above and beyond to ensure that through appropriate care and support it provides an environment for pupils to thrive”…OFSTED 2017 With a fantastic team, great children and an engaging community we aim to ensure every child can achieve their potential and reach for the stars!
Cambridge Road, Plymouth, Devon, PL2 1PU