- Teachers Main Pay Scale/UPS
KS1 Phase Leader/Y2 Teacher job summary
If you have a true passion for teaching and learning and want to help all our children make the best possible progress from their starting points; if you have children at the heart of your teaching practice then we are the school for you. We are a culturally diverse school and welcome applications from all. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our young people and all our staff share this vital commitment.
As a large 2-form entry school, with an ASD Base, there are many opportunities for professional development and to develop a wide range of experience. New members of our team will take part in a comprehensive induction programme to enable them to understand the school’s ethos, policies and procedures.
We are looking for someone who:
• is an excellent classroom practitioner with high expectations
• is an enthusiastic and hardworking team player
• has a strong commitment to school improvement
• is ambitious with the ability to motivate and inspire
• secures high levels of achievement
• is committed to safeguarding all our children and their emotional well-being
• is able to communicate effectively with all members of the school community
• has proven ability in communicating with and leading a small team
• enjoys mentoring and coaching colleagues with the aim of driving up standards
• has previous experience of a Phase Leader role
• has substantial experience of working in KS1
In return we offer you:
• Happy children who love learning and are proud of their school
• A welcoming, caring and dedicated staff who are committed to providing the best outcomes for our children
• Clear succession planning to enable all staff to develop leadership skills for the future
• Excellent opportunities for continued professional development
• Dedicated release time
• A strong, ambitious and supportive leadership team
• A nurturing, inclusive culture and ethos that recognises the efforts of all members of the school community
• The opportunity to be part of a dedicated leadership team, helping make strategic decisions
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Southmead Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 3 to 11
- School size
- 375 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
Southmead Primary School is a thriving and vibrant place of learning, where we value and harness everyone’s contribution in our pursuit of excellence in all aspects of our work. You will be joining an ambitious, dedicated and happy team.
Arranging a visit to Southmead Primary School
Please make an appointment to come and visit our school and see for yourself. To arrange a visit please contact, Jan Dixon, Office Manager, on 020 8788 8901 or via email email@example.com.