KS1 teacher job summary
Do you like thinking outside the box when planning lessons? Do you enjoy taking learning outside the classroom? Would you say your creative and enthusiastic?
These are qualities we are looking for in someone to join our team at Garden City Academy, due to the promotion of one of our existing members of staff.
A Key Stage 1 teacher who has high expectations of all pupils, who can engage and inspire the learning behaviours that will support all in achieving their best.
So, if you are:-
• An excellent practitioner, keen to work in a supportive school.
• Driven by a strong moral purpose to enable all children to achieve.
• Passionate about creativity and has a sense of humour.
• A professional who values wellbeing but unafraid of hard work.
• Keen to be challenged to become the best you can be.
• Determined to succeed with a ‘find a way or make one!’ attitude.
• Experienced or ECT’s welcome.
This is not just another job. This is a chance to be part of something exciting and very worthwhile, as you will really be able to make a difference to children's outcomes. This opportunity will also open doors both professionally and personally to anyone who joins our team.
We can offer you:-
• The opportunity to have a real voice in how things are done at the school
• The chance to work with a fantastic team, with the best possible opportunities to share ideas, planning, assessment etc.
• Opportunity to work alongside outstanding teachers, not just in our school but within the Trust, to observe and share practice on a regular basis, developing pedagogy through reflectivity.
• The chance to use\develop a personal curriculum area, with the possibility of a TLR for the right candidate.
• Access to excellent CPD training opportunities within school, REAch2 and Herts for Learning.
• Access to an employee assistance programme and well being tools such as Shiny Minds
Applying for the job
Please complete the online application.Apply for this job
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Garden City Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 11
- School size
- 233 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
Garden City Academy is a "good" rated primary school, taking children from Nursery age - Year 6 on the Jackmans Estate in Letchworth Garden city. We became an academy in 2012 and were the first school to join REAch2 in 2012.
Founded in 2012, REAch2 Academy Trust is the largest primary-only academy trust in the country. It is a growing charitable organisation currently supporting over 60 primary academies across England. REAch2 is a family connected by a common desire to learn from each other, share experiences and be mutually supportive across the entire academy community. We work as a team to deliver exceptional learning opportunities for all pupils in REAch2.
Arranging a visit to Garden City Academy
Please contact the school to arrange a visit.