- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Contract type
- Fixed term (temporary in the first instance for 12 months ( 2 years for ECT))
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Class Teacher who shares our Christian ethos and can teach any age range within the Primary Phase to start as soon as possible, preferably 1st November 2021.
The successful candidate will:
• be an advocate for the rights of the children and our school’s Christian values
• have the knowledge, skills and experience to teach within the Primary age range
• secure deep learning for all children
• be enthusiastic, resourceful and keen to ensure that the highest possible standards of pupil well-being, achievement and personal development are attained
• be willing to work supportively with colleagues within the school and across the Aireborough Learning Partnership Trust
In return we can offer:
• enthusiastic children who are keen to learn
• a welcoming and supportive school environment where staff contributions are appreciated
• a caring environment where staff well-being is always a priority
• high quality professional development and mentoring
• an excellent network of schools and teachers within the Aireborough Learning Partnership
• a friendly, close-knit community
Applying for the job
Application form attached - can also be downloaded on Leeds.gov.uk vacancies
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Church of England, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 106 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
About Hawksworth Church of England Primary School
Our school is based on Christian principles and values. We provide a supportive, secure and stimulating environment for the children.
Our school is one family. Every member of staff knows every single child at Hawksworth – this is a real community, where we know a child’s age, their siblings and their parents. Equally each child knows the name of every other child in the school. We promote belonging and a real sense of unity.
Our teacher/pupil ratio is high, so children receive more one-to-one teaching time and a highly-personalised learning experience. Our mixed year group classes also enable pupils to learn with older children when appropriate.
Mixed age classes mean children are encouraged to care for and support each other - a skill which they learn for life. Having different year groups learning and playing together creates a wonderfully positive environment for all.
Our team is passionate and highly committed to providing the very best for our children. We have a strong record of high academic achievement and when the time comes, pupils are successfully prepared for secondary school education.
We take full advantage of the abundance of open space, fresh air and wildlife right on our doorstep. Welly walks, nature walks, den building and mini beast discoveries are very much an everyday part of school life!
Arranging a visit to Hawksworth Church of England Primary School
Please email admin@hawksworthceprimary to arrange a school visit