KS1 Teacher - Maternity Cover - April 2020
We are looking to appoint a committed, enthusiastic, creative and highly motivated experienced KS1 Class Teacher, to join Connected Learning Multi Academy Trust, to be based at Silver End Academy in Witham.
This is initially a one year fixed term contract to cover for the absence of the substantive post holder on maternity leave. Should the employee return to duty before the final date above, your appointment will cease with statutory notice.
We are looking to appoint a teacher who has experience of working in KS1 who shows:
• A willingness to learn and strive for excellence
• High expectations and the ability to teach fun, inspirational lessons
• A child centred approach that is inclusive of everyone
• Excellent teamwork skills
• An innovative approach to learning and teaching
• A proactive nature and a keen willingness to improve
• Excellent organisational skills
We can Offer:
• Positive, well behaved and happy children
• A supportive, dynamic and caring team
• Professional development
• Well resourced learning environments
• Good links with other local schools within our MAT
Qualified teachers from overseas are welcome to apply. We can offer training and mentoring.
Visits are warmly welcomed. Please contact Stacey Robinson, Office Manager on 01376 583353 to arrange a visit to Silver End Academy.
Connected Learning Multi-Academy Trust are committed to:
• Safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety, and the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, of children and young people;
• Promoting equality of opportunity and community cohesion where the diversity of difference backgrounds and circumstances is appreciated and positively valued;
• The fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs
and expects all staff, volunteers and other workers to share this commitment.
The appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance and satisfactory references.
The Professional duties of teachers, (other than the Head of School) are set out in the School Teachers pay & Conditions Document and describe the duties required of all teachers. In addition, the specific requirements of the post of classroom teacher, along with the particular duties expected of the post holder have been set out below:
Responsibility for a Class
Co-ordinating activities relating to the role of Class Teacher, to include:
• Developing, monitoring, reviewing, evaluating effectiveness of and reporting on policy, action plans and practice
• Planning and managing associated resources/teaching materials, teaching programmes, courses of study, methods of teaching and assessment
• Giving guidance, support and encouragement to staff and leading in-service development sessions
• Assess, monitor, record and report on the learning needs, progress and achievements of assigned pupils
This Job description is not a comprehensive definition of the post. Discussions will take place on a regular basis to clarify individual responsibilities within the general framework and character of the post as identified below.
Connected Learning Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. They are also committed to reducing radicalisation and Prevent Duty.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
About Silver End Academy
- School Road, Witham, Essex, CM8 3RZ