Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Main Pay Scale
As specialists in early years education, we believe firmly that it is our job to equip our children with secure foundations on which their lifelong learning will build. This includes competence with core skills in reading, writing and maths whilst also recognising the importance of the broader curriculum. We are seeking to appoint a strong KS1 teacher to join the Maun team from September 2020, and are keen to appoint the right person to share their skills within our supportive team and successful school. We would welcome applications from both experienced teachers and NQTs with proven capability in teaching Key Stage 1. Successful teaching experience in Year 2 would also be of particular interest to us. The successful candidate will be someone who shares our passion for learning breadth and who can plan creatively to ensure this is prioritised alongside development of core basic skills. They will also recognise the importance of promoting positive mental health and will actively support our whole school wellbeing drive, including through effective modelling within their own behaviours.
Our skilled Maun Staff Team offers the capacity to give strong support to the successful candidate, whether an NQT/RQT or an experienced teacher looking for a new challenge in a different school. Curriculum leadership responsibilities will form part of the role as appropriate to the career stage of the successful candidate and will be agreed according to strengths and experience, though a particular interest in the humanities (specifically History and Geography) would be of particular interest to us.
We are looking for a teacher who is:
• Creative, imaginative and passionate about all children having high quality learning experiences across the curriculum;
• Forward-thinking, positive, energetic, reflective and highly motivated;
• Committed to raising standards and working effectively alongside senior leaders to drive whole-school improvement;
• Actively supportive of the school’s drive to encourage positive mental health and wellbeing, including through promoting the arts;
• Able to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Committed to working in partnership with our families.
In return we can offer you:
• A strong and positive commitment to on-going professional development;
• Support from all levels within the staff team and governing body;
• A small school feel with a hardworking and dedicated team who are well-motivated to do their best for our children;
• A warm and welcoming learning environment within which all members of the team are valued;
• Happy, enthusiastic and friendly children who love to learn;
• A sense of humour and laughter, particularly when it’s needed the most!
Please do look at our website: www.mauninfantandnurseryschool.co.uk
Closing date: 10.00am on Friday 7th May 2021
Shortlisting: Thursday 13th May 2021
Interviews: Wednesday 19th and Thursday 20th May 2021
(Please be aware that the interview process will be subject to any guidance issued by the DfE and Public Health England at the time, and will comply with our school COVID risk assessment.)
If you have not heard from us by Monday 17th May, please assume you have not been shortlisted.
This post will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and Barred List check, and Disqualification from Caring for Children Regulations (DCCR) disclosure, along with satisfactory references prior to commencement of employment.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school
210 pupils enrolled
3 to 7
About Maun Infant and Nursery School
At Maun Infants, we are passionate about giving our children the best possible start to school life. Our dedicated and hardworking team go extra mile ensure that all their families well looked after during time with us. The values sit at heart of strong ethos approach is a partnership between nurture challenge. We believe learning should be fun, exciting engaging, constantly striving ‘reach for stars’ by being can be.
Please see further information about our school within the supporting document entitled 'Maun Infant and Nursery School Notes'.
Arranging a visit to Maun Infant and Nursery School
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and actively encouraged – it’s really important to us that prospective candidates feel we are the right place for them as much as we want to find the right person for us! Though we would usually schedule visits within the school day so candidates can meet some of our children and staff, this will not be possible at the current time. Instead, visits will be scheduled outside of school hours to keep visitors and our school community COVID-safe. To arrange a visit, please phone or email the school using the contact details provided.