- No, visa sponsorship not available
- Key stage 1
Full-time equivalent salary
- £25714 - £36961 MP1-6
KS1 Teacher job summary
We are seeking 2 highly skilled, passionate KS1 teachers from any stage of their teaching career to join our committed, caring school team and community in either Year 1 or Year 2 dependent on previous experience.
The successful candidates will be secure in their understanding of the progression through the KS1 curriculum and end of Key Stage 1 expectations. They will also understand the importance of a well-planned transition from EYFS to Year 1 and Year 2 to Year 3.
Candidates will be able to deliver teaching that inspires a love of learning, sparks curiosity, draws on high-quality, varied experiences and supports children in making strong progress, both personally and academically. The successful candidates will be committed to providing every child in their class the best possible educational experience.
We are looking for teachers who are able to:
• Inspire and enthuse young children
• Set high expectations for themselves and their learners
• Teach early core skills, including synthetic phonics, reading, writing, speech, language and communication
• Model talk and vocabulary through their teaching
• Effectively deploy additional adults
• Demonstrate leadership skills, commensurate to experience, within a given subject area
• Use assessment to inform future planning that addresses needs
• Secure positive outcomes for every child with a commitment to educating the whole child
The successful candidates will also be:
• Nurturing and caring
• An enthusiastic and flexible team member
• Reflective in their approach and committed to their own professional development
• A good communicator with strong interpersonal skills
• Resilient with humour and a positive attitude
• Committed to building strong, supportive relationships with children, parents, carers and colleagues across our school and those in our cluster
This job post has expired.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About South End Infant School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 4 to 7
- School size
- 265 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 7
South End Infant School is an inclusive, three form entry Infant School, where everybody is celebrated, nurtured and encouraged to become the best that they can be. This is achieved through offering every child equal access to a broad curriculum that enables them to ‘Engage, Explore and Enquire’ through all their learning experiences.
• Well-behaved, delightful learners and supportive parents/carers
• A friendly, supportive and committed staff team
• Exceptional, experienced support staff throughout the school
• A well-resourced and attractive workplace
• A strong commitment to your professional development and wellbeing
Arranging a visit to South End Infant School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email Bursar@southend-inf.northants-ecl.gov.uk.