Will consider full-time, part-time, job share
L11 - L15
KS2 Assistant Headteacher
Are you looking for the next step in your career, a new challenge and opportunity to widen the positive impact you have through strategic leadership and management?
We will consider full time and part time / job share applications as well as requests for flexible working. The most important thing to us, is that we find the right person for our children, team and community. You will be passionate about making a difference and share our belief in the importance of relationships and our core values of: respect, inclusion and growth. You will want to work in a large, diverse, urban primary school and understand the wonderful and unique opportunities and challenges this can bring.
Applying for the job
About Your Application
• Please read all the documentation before applying using our application form - supporting documentation available includes job description, person specification and letter from headteacher.
• Please ensure that we have full details of referees, including postal and email addresses, full professional titles, roles, and phone numbers.
• Application cover letters or ‘information in support of your application’ will only be considered where they are a maximum of two sides of A4 in size 11 font.
• Where you are submitting an application and would like to request part-time or flexible working, please make this clear within your application.
• Application Closing Date: Friday 7th May at 9:00am
• Short-listing: Week beginning Monday 10th May
• Invites to interview: Week beginning Monday 10th May
• Interview process: Week beginning Monday 17th May
• Candidates who are successful in the first stage of the process will be invited to interview as the second stage of the process.
• There will be a number of different elements to the interview process which will include strict social distancing, virtual meetings (via Zoom) or a combination of both, in line with Covid-19 risk assessments.
• Start date for job: 1st September 2021
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school
689 pupils enrolled
3 to 11
About Chapel Street Community Primary School
What we can offer you?
• The opportunity to lead and have impact within a large and diverse primary school.
• A school committed to wellbeing of all staff - evidenced through our actions, provision, policies and systems.
• Regular dedicated leadership time, off-site, to support with your strategic work.
• Professional supervision and leadership coaching alongside weekly 1:1 meetings.
• Our children are the highlight of our school and there is something very special about them all.
• You won't have a class of your own but, as with all our SLT, you will teach the equivalent of 0.5 days a week.
• An incredibly supportive and effective governing body.
• A strong, committed and collaborative leadership team including senior and middle leaders with a distributed leadership model.
• An inclusive, warm and welcoming team of staff – from our teachers and TAs through to admin, premises, cleaning and lunch time staff.
• Parents / carers and wider community who are respectful, positive about school and from very diverse backgrounds.
You will find more information in the attached letter from our headteacher.
We look forward to welcoming an application from you.
Applications from previous candidates are welcome.
Arranging a visit to Chapel Street Community Primary School
Potential candidates are warmly invited to visit our school for a tour, to see for yourself why Chapel Street is such a special place to work and learn. In light of current circumstances, all visits will follow the requirements of our COVID-19 risk assessment, including strict social distancing guidelines. We are therefore only able to offer a limited number of two spaces on each of the dates and times below – these will be allocated on a first-come basis.
• Tuesday 20th April at 10:00am
• Wednesday 21st April at 8:00am
• Friday 23rd April at 2:00pm
• Monday 26th April at 2:00pm
• Tuesday 27th April at 4:00pm
• Wednesday 28th April at 9:00am
• Friday 30th April at 9:00am
• Tuesday 4th May at 2:00pm
• Wednesday 5th May at 4:00pm
If you would like to book a place, please email our Headteacher, Ella Hughes, with your availability in relation to the above on: email@example.com