KS2 Class Teacher
To carry out the professional duties of a Main Grade Teacher, ensuring the education and welfare of a class/group of pupils, having due regard to the school’s aims, values and curriculum
About the school:
Heronsgate is a large and very popular 4 form entry primary school with a campus in West Thamesmead and one in Woolwich, opposite the Royal Arsenal development. Extensive regeneration is taking place in the area in anticipation of the arrival of Crossrail in Woolwich. Central London will then only be 18 minutes away! There are currently good public transport links including the DLR and National Rail at Woolwich Arsenal and Plumstead.
Our pupils are looking for a enthusiastic and highly motivated teacher with high expectations of children. We encourage KS2 teachers to apply and applications from NQT’s are welcome.
“Heronsgate is an outstanding school with an exceptionally innovative, unique and personalised curriculum. You truly enable pupils to ‘discover and realise their genius’ and achieve highly.” Ofsted, March 2019
We are well resourced with an attractive outdoor environment and are keen to continue and enhance your professional development. We strongly recommend you come and visit us if you have been graded good or above!
Essential educational requirements
- Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
- Graded at least ‘good’ in last
- Secure knowledge of Primary National Curriculum
- Understand & promote high standards of literacy, phonics & mathematics strategies
- Understand the school’s role in the wider community
Form and maintain appropriate relationships/personal boundaries with children, staff & parents
- Able to make positive contributions to the whole school
- Display proactive & enthusiastic attitude
- Sense of humour
- Commitment to extra-curricular activities
- Able to support teachers with less
experience & lead by example
- Work with line manager & share the
- Commitment to personal professional
development & working in a team
- Willingness to promote the Borough’s
Equal Opportunities Policies and implement these in the classroom
We are very committed to sharing and devolving leadership. Career progression for our staff is a high priority.
About Heronsgate Primary School
- Whinchat Road, London, SE28 0EA
- LA Maintained School
- Heronsgate Primary School website (opens in a new window)