KS2 Class teacher (NQTs and early career teachers)
Devonshire Junior Academy, Smethwick, West Midlands
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £24,373 to £35,971|
|Newly qualified teacher||Suitable|
Devonshire Junior Academy is a thriving and popular three form entry Junior school in Smethwick, West Midlands which is part of the successful Victoria Academies Trust.
We are looking to recruit a teacher in the early years of their career to join our school. We want to support you to grow into a standout teacher who really makes a difference to our pupils and community.
• To plan, implement and deliver an appropriate curriculum to meet the needs of all pupils in their class.
• Display sound subject knowledge appropriate to the curriculum of KS2.
• Be responsible for the learning achievement of all pupils in the class
• To promote progress and well-being of every child in the class
• Work proactively and effectively in collaboration and partnership with learners, parents/carers, academy councillors, other staff and external agencies in the best interest of pupils
• Take responsibility for promoting a safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school
• Contribute to curriculum development that is in line with Trust approach and values
• Coordinate and manage an effective learning environment for pupils which is positive, safe, stimulating and promotes the wellbeing of all pupils
• Ensure the effective and efficient use of any support staff that are supporting teaching and learning in the classroom
• Set regular opportunities for home learning
• Implement and follow Trust and school policies and procedures
• Maintain appropriate records and provide accurate information on pupil progress and other relevant matters as required by the school
• To assess record and report on attendance, progress, development and attainment of pupils
• Provide feedback to pupils work in line with school policy and use this to inform future planning and teaching
• Report to parents on the development, progress and attainment of pupils
• To take part in the school’s professional development programme by participating in arrangements and opportunities for continuous professional development
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
The Class Teacher should have experience of teaching in the key stage relevant to the post applied.
The Class Teacher should have knowledge and understanding of:
the theory and practice of providing effectively for the individual needs of all children (e.g. classroom organisation and learning strategies);
statutory National Curriculum requirements at the appropriate key stage;
the monitoring, assessment, recording and reporting of pupils’ progress;
the statutory requirements of legislation concerning Equal Opportunities, Health & Safety, SEND and Child Protection;
the positive links necessary within school and with all its stakeholders;
effective teaching and learning styles.
As a school within the successful values-led Victoria Academies Trust that invests heavily in its staff, we offer you:
• Access to Pathways, our innovative and high-quality professional learning and development entitlement programme;
• Opportunities to work and support in other schools across the trust with a view to you developing your career either as an excellent teacher or leader;
• Well-resourced schools that are committed to real, immersive and purposeful challenge-based learning;
• Delightful pupils that are naturally curious, have a genuine love of learning and are well-behaved;
• A warm and welcoming community.
|School size||366 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||7 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Devonshire Junior Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About Devonshire Junior Academy
Thriving three form entry Junior School; part of the successful Victoria Academies Trust in Smethwick, West Midlands
Auckland Road, Smethwick, West Midlands, B67 7AT