KS2 Class Teacher
We are seeking to appoint two excellent Key stage two teachers (with possibility of a TLR for a significant area of responsibility) to join our team from April 2020 and September 2020. As a committed and inspiring teacher, you will join a well-resourced, outstanding school committed to ensuring every child reaches their full potential.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone innovative and aspiring to join a team committed to developing teaching and learning in an oversubscribed, happy school with a strong family feel.
Situated within a short walk to Canada Water station on the Jubilee line and overlooking Southwark Park, we are well placed for inspiring trips with all London has to offer whilst enjoying spacious grounds.
We are passionate about standards, delivering high-quality teaching within a broad, rich curriculum. We have imaginative, creative and enthusiastic children with excellent behaviour for learning.
We are seeking a teacher who will:
• Have QTS (Experienced and NQTs welcome)
• Be supportive of our Christian ethos
• Bring positivity, a sense of humour and resilience to the team
• Have high expectation both of standards and of behaviour
• Enjoy the challenge of a relevant and creative curriculum
• Bring a sense of excitement to lessons
• Understand how best to develop individual pupils’ potential
• Be energetic and strongly self-motivated
• Be an effective communicator and team player
• Be very organised yet able to work flexibly
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
Experienced teachers and NQTS welcome to apply.
Full knowledge of the Primary National Curriculum in all subjects essential.
At St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School we offer:
• A nurturing and high achieving school, unique in its context
• Motivated, enthusiastic children, who are well-behaved and eager to learn
• Supportive Leaders at every level
• Opportunities for career development
• Excellent professional development opportunities within the school
• A team of motivated, committed and happy staff
• Supportive parents and governors
• Possibility of a TLR for a significant area of responsibility (opportunities for Middle Leadership)
Both experienced teachers and NQTs are welcome to apply; we warmly welcome visits to the school and Mrs Garofalo, the Headteacher would be delighted to show you around.
To apply, please contact the school office by email or telephone: email@example.com
St Joseph’s Catholic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the
welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References and full DBS disclosure will be undertaken before an appointment.
Closing Date: Friday 6th March 2020 at 12 noon.
Interviews (envisaged): Thursday 12th or Friday 13th March 2020.
About St Joseph's Catholic Primary School
- Gomm Road, London, SE16 2TY
- LA Maintained School
- St Joseph's Catholic Primary School website (opens in a new window)