KS2 Class Teacher - Year 5 (Fixed term contract to 31.08.2020 )
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional KS2 Class Teacher who shares our ethos and can teach any age range within the Primary Phase to start as soon as possible.
The successful candidate will:
• be an advocate for the rights of the child and our school values;
• be, or have aspirations to be, an excellent teacher (NQTs are welcome to apply);
• have the knowledge, skills and experience to teach within the Primary age range;
• secure deep learning for all children;
• be enthusiastic, resourceful and keen to ensure that the highest possible standards of pupil well-being, achievement and personal development are attained.
• have a thirst to develop further and be enthusiastic for continual professional development;
• be willing to work supportively with colleagues within the school and across the Brigshaw Learning Partnership;
In return we can offer:
• wonderful children who are keen to learn;
• a welcoming and supportive environment;
• high quality professional development and mentoring;
• an excellent network of schools and teachers within the Brigshaw Learning Partnership;
• a friendly, close-knit community.
Visits to the school are encouraged. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment.
Essential educational requirements
Undergraduate Degree with Teaching Qualification.
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Ability to communicate and organise work effectively.
An excellent classroom practitioner with the ability to teach across primary age range.
Ability to relate to and empathise with pupils.
Ability to offer expertise in a specific subject or area.
Knowledge and understanding of the expectations within the National Curriculum.
Full working knowledge of other relevant polices/codes of practice/legislation.
Understanding of child protection procedures and safeguarding children.
About Kippax Greenfield Primary School
Kippax Greenfield is a small, friendly school located to the east of Leeds. We pride ourselves on the relationships we build with our children and community. We are a “Rights Respecting School” which puts children’s rights at the centre of everything we do, based on the United Nations Rights of the Child. We currently hold the Level 1 award and we are working towards the Level 2 award. Our school value is Respect: for ourselves, each other and the environment. Our school community is very close knit, with all involved having a strong voice in the decisions we make. Our children are held at the centre of every decision we make. The school council plays a very active role in the development of the school and we also have child health ambassadors supporting them. As children move through the school they have many opportunities to take on responsibilities as play leaders, buddies and peace keepers. We are part of the Brigshaw Learning Partnership Multi-Academy Trust through which we benefit from a large number of opportunities for our children, families and staff. You will work with other teachers across the trust, enabling you to share good practice and benefit from expertise in other schools.
- Ebor Mount, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS25 7PA
- Kippax Greenfield Primary School website (opens in a new window)