Will consider full-time, job share
Fixed term (Just over 1 year)
Main pay scale
Primary Class Teacher – Maternity Cover - September 2021 until October/November 2022.
Sherborne St John CE Primary School. NOR 116
Sherborne St John Church of England Primary School is a small Church school with a caring Christian ethos. We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated teacher to join our team of committed and friendly staff due to a teacher going on maternity leave.
This is a fixed term maternity cover post, teaching a mixed Year 5/6 class and is anticipated to be for just over one year.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an excellent teacher who inspires children and engages them in their learning
• Have experience of teaching KS2, Year 6 would be an advantage
• Have high expectations of achievement and behaviour for all children and be able to use assessment for learning to ensure all children make excellent progress
• Be passionate about their role in helping children become independent and motivated learners
• Have excellent inter-personal, organisational and communication skills
• Be able to work effectively as part of a team, be willing to become involved in all aspects of school life and have a good sense of humour
• Be able to lead a core subject – preferably English
In return we can offer:
• A very friendly and supportive staff
• Happy and enthusiastic children who enjoy school
• An inclusive Church school where everyone is valued and encouraged to succeed
Applying for the job
Please contact the school office to arrange an appointment or request an application pack on 01256 850180.
The selection process will consist of a short lesson to be taught in school, and an interview over video call.
We can only accept applications completed and submitted on a Hampshire County Council Application Form. Applications can be posted to the school or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school, Church of England
116 pupils enrolled
4 to 11
About Sherborne St John Church of England Primary School
Sherborne St John is a delightful village situated north of Basingstoke set in the
Sherborne St John Church of England Primary School is a popular primary school
situated at the centre of the village opposite the church. The school was last
inspected by Ofsted in March 2017 and judged to ‘Good’ in every category – this
represents a great deal of commitment, dedication and shared vision between all the
The school has four mixed age classes and the staffing structure consists of a team
of a Headteacher, Teachers, Learning Support Partners, Admin, Lunchtime and Site
The school has a very good reputation within the local community and has been
oversubscribed for many years. It offers an excellent education for its pupils and
provides many opportunities for them across the curriculum. As a church school we
continue to ensure that faith in Christ is upheld in our School and we provide high
quality education which develops children intellectually, socially, morally, physically
and spiritually within a Christian framework. We have been judged to be ‘Good’ in all
areas of our SIAMS inspection (July 18).
The school community works extremely well together as a committed team. We are
fortunate to have a very supportive Governing Body and an enthusiastic and active
School Association (PTA), who regularly raise significant funds for school resources
Arranging a visit to Sherborne St John Church of England Primary School
Whilst we would normally suggest a visit to our school, under the current restrictions we recommend that your first port of call is to have a look at our website to get a good feel for our school.
If you like what you see, you are welcome to request a virtual conversation with Mrs Payne, the Headteacher, by contacting the school office to arrange a mutually convenient time.