We are seeking to appoint an excellent KS2 Class Teacher to work in our Key stage two team in January 2020.
Essential educational requirements
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Good academic achievement, including an appropriate degree
• Evidence of professional development
Qualified Teacher status
The Class Teacher should have experience of teaching across the Primary age range
Essential skills and experience
Previous KS2 experience
• Up to date knowledge of the primary curriculum, curriculum implementation and approaches to learning
• Experience in planning high quality learning opportunities for children both in and out of the classroom
• An understanding of how children learn and can draw from a range of appropriate teaching strategies to enable all children to achieve
• Awareness/experience of requirements for assessment, recording and reporting of pupils' attainment and progress in the end of year SATs
• A clear working knowledge of how to provide for the individual needs of all children including those with special educational needs and those who are working at a greater depth
• The ability to measure and assess progress involving both formative and summative assessment to make secure judgements with regard to next steps
We offer a competitive salary plus TPS pension, great career progression and development opportunities with many other benefits.
• The support of our experienced team in developing your classroom practice.
• A hardworking but caring environment where the children thrive.
• Working with children who have a desire to learn and do well.
• Providing you with the opportunity to work alongside other members of the school and academy trust staff
• Access to Reach South Multi Academy Trust’s high quality continuous professional development programme
About Drake Primary Academy
- 1 Johnston Terrace Ope, Plymouth, Devon, PL2 2EN
- Drake Primary Academy website (opens in a new window)