A lively and purposeful co-educational, comprehensive state boarding school for children aged 7 to 18 years, with approximately 670 flexi-boarders and 430 full boarders. The school is a popular choice for local families who attend on our flexi boarding package, as well as for full boarders from further afield in the UK and internationally. This is due to a wide range of factors including our facilities, academic pathways and results, pastoral care, the boarding and flexi-boarding ethos and environment, wide range of trips and co-curricular activities and the resultant attitudes of its pupils.
· Professional, supportive and committed staff team
· Beautiful estate set in 260 acres of parkland
· Convenient location, close to the A23 and M25
· Free on-site parking
We are looking for a KS2 Class Teacher to join our thriving and successful Junior School. The position offered is a maternity cover to begin in January 2024. This post is suitable for Early Career Teachers and for those with more experience.
The Junior School has been very successful over the years promoting an ethos of high expectations as well as excellent behaviour for the children. Teachers and staff in the school and boarding House provide the opportunities for all children to achieve their potential.
The Junior School at present has a population of 156 pupils, 37 of whom are boarders and 119 are Flexi Boarders. The School, Junior and Senior combined is a state-maintained boarding school with Key Stage Two provision and, as such, is very important in providing continuity in education for children whose parents serve abroad, as well as other children whose needs are best served by being in a boarding situation.
We are looking for someone who:
● Has an excellent record of KS1 or KS2 classroom practice.
● Has the ability to raise standards and improve the academic progress of all pupils.
● Enjoys the challenge of delivering the highest levels of success for all pupils.
● Has enthusiasm, commitment and excellent ICT skills.
● Has strong academic qualifications and subject knowledge.
● Has knowledge & experience in teaching Phonics & guided reading.
● Is a team player who always promotes high expectations.
● Is a role model to pupils and other staff in the school.
We can offer:
● The opportunity to work with well-behaved pupils with diverse backgrounds and needs.
● Well-resourced facilities and excellent specialist teachers.
● Excellent CPD opportunities and career development.
● Excellent induction programme for all teachers.
● A supportive leadership team and professional dedicated staff.
The school reserves the right to appoint prior to the closing date.
We hope that after considering all the information provided, you will decide to make an application. Please be advised that we may interview as applications come in. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted shortly after the closing date. Whatever the outcome of your application we thank you for the interest you have shown and wish you well in your future career.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.