We are recruiting now for September 2023 following existing teachers gaining promotion. On this occasion we are looking for an ECT. We have a great record of supporting ECTs (formerly NQTs) with many of our existing teachers having joined us as newly qualified or even having completed their final teaching placements.
Interested… then you will probably want to ask us lots of questions about the job so feel free to make contact if you are thinking of applying; we can chat to you on the phone or you can come in for a cup of tea (or coffee) and have a look around so that you get a real sense of the school before you apply.
Please take a look at our school website which will provide you with more information about all that we get up to!
You will need to:
- Have high expectation for yourself and your pupils
- Have the highest standards of teaching and the ability to make learning fun and memorable
- Have a commitment to helping all our children learn the curriculum and develop into well rounded young people
- Have desire to go that extra mile and make a difference
- Have a good understanding of the national curriculum and a willingness to engage in further professional training and development
- Be open to working as part of a team to improve outcomes for all pupil
- Ideally have had experience of teaching in Upper KS2 (although this is not essential)
We have over 400 children on roll and share our school building and grounds with a 52-place playgroup. Our staff are a mixture of experienced and newer teachers and leaders working in close partnership with our amazing team of support staff. Our grounds and school building are well maintained, with many breakout spaces for learning including a separate PPA room for teachers. Our children access their learning in a variety of ways and make use of the latest technologies; for example, children have access to over 150 Chromebooks and over 100 iPads. This provides numerous opportunities for effective learning to take place.
We take staff development seriously with weekly opportunities for teachers and teaching support staff to receive current training. Many of our staff undertake additional training e.g. NPQs and the school supports them to do this. Our staff room is a relaxing environment where staff can hopefully escape from the hustle and bustle of class and everyday school life.
Grangehurst Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will require a Disclosure and Barring Service check together with a check of DCSF List 99. Criminal records will be taken into account only when a conviction is relevant to the post you are applying for.
This job post has expired.