KS3 Science Coordinator
Ada Lovelace Church of England High School, Greenford
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £30,480 to £41,483|
As a new school within a highly aspirational and academically successful multi-academy Trust, Ada Lovelace CE High School offers comprehensive CPD, exciting development opportunities and good promotion prospects for its teachers. The school, now in its second year, is currently co-located at William Perkin CE High School (Ofsted ‘Outstanding’), and moves to its brand new permanent site in north Ealing in September 2020.
This is an exciting role for an innovative teacher who is ready to take on post-holder responsibilities as we prepare our students for GCSE and beyond (the school’s first GCSEs will be in 2023). As the new KS3 Science Coordinator you will be responsible for ensuring outstanding examination outcomes at KS3, and you will also work closely with our established and experienced science team to ensure that comprehensive wider learning offer is in place for KS3 students.
Ada Lovelace has an innovative curriculum model – core subjects including science are taught in the morning in 50-minute periods, and science is studied every day by every student. These lessons cover the academic core, with the Practical and Creative subject options, taking place in the afternoon. All students in Key Stage 3 have an afternoon a week of Applied Science session in which they explore the subject in a real world context.
Ada Lovelace is named after the Victorian pioneer of computing – it has a specialism in digital technologies and will provide different routes from Year 7 to Year 13 in ICT and Computer Science as well as having a digital focus on the Arts and Creative Media. Ada Lovelace will use its Digital specialism to promote innovate approaches to teaching and learning using computation thinking processes across the curriculum to develop agile, confident problem solvers and effective decision makers. We will use the story of Ada Lovelace to make exciting employer links to deliver an ambitious employer and work related experience programme. Links are being developed to partner with forward thinking Universities to provide pathways for our students onto Digital and Creative undergraduate courses.
Essential educational requirements
A good degree
Essential skills and experience
• Ability to teach Science to at least KS4
• Knowledge of the requirements of the National Curriculum
• An understanding of recent curriculum / learning developments
• An understanding of the strategies required to motivate and enthuse all students across the ability range as part of a whole school approach to raising achievement
• An understanding of the processes and techniques required to assess, record and report students’ learning effectively
• Ability to be reflective and driven towards self-improvement
• Energy and enthusiasm
• A commitment to the ethos of the school
TLR 2a - £2,796pa
We also offer:
• Exceptional professional development and career progression
• Positive working relationships at all levels
• A supportive Leadership Team
• Opportunity to gain experience within four different Trust schools with a common commitment to professional collaboration
|School type||Free School, Church of England|
|School size||256 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Ada Lovelace Church of England High School website (opens in a new window)|
About Ada Lovelace Church of England High School
Oldfield Lane North, Greenford, UB6 8PR