KS4 Geography Teacher with ability to teach KS3 Humanities
Exciting opportunity for a Geography/Humanities Teacher. We have a strong, vibrant team and you will play a major role in the continued development of excellence at St Bernadette.
We can offer:
• Happy, friendly and talented students
• Enthusiastic, committed and friendly staff
• Strong academic results
• A school with strong care, support and guidance
• Committed to developing your teaching, you will make a full contribution to this core faculty in our school.
• An enthusiastic Geography Teacher, with effective strategies to take the faculty and its students to even higher achievement.
• Well-organised, proactive, and a supportive team player.
• An excellent communicator, with good interpersonal skills at all levels
• Teach Geography to KS4 and Humanities to KS3.
• Deliver agreed learning activities, which support the work of the faculty/school.
• Work as part of an ambitious team.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• Willingness to support the Christian character of St Bernadette
Essential Teaching criteria;
• Excellent classroom teacher
• Reflective practitioner
• Proven ability to motivate and challenge pupils to achieve high standards of performance
• Good classroom management skills
• Excellent ICT capability
• Evidence of on-going professional skills development
Essential Personal Qualities
• Ability to develop and maintain good relationships with colleagues
• Ability to communicate clearly
• Flexibility and a good sense of humour
• Optimistic disposition
• A positive attitude to pupils of all abilities and dispositions
• Trustworthy, conscientious and loyal
• Energy and enthusiasm
• Organisational skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• A desire to achieve and be successful
About St Bernadette Catholic Secondary School
- Fossedale Avenue, Bristol, BS14 9LS
- LA Maintained School