Our passion is to see students achieve the best that is possible, inspired by great teaching and great leaders. Cardinal Newman School has an exciting opportunity within our successful and experienced English Department for a KS5 Co-Ordinator of English who shares this passion.
We are currently looking for a dynamic and inspirational teacher and KS5 Co-Ordinator of English who has excellent subject knowledge and is able to contribute to continued improvements in progress and student attainment. The KS5 curriculum in our English department is beginning to flourish as we embark on two new courses, Eduqas English Literature and Edexcel English Language. These provide exciting opportunities for a confident and innovative English teacher looking for a new challenge. You will be working with a team of enthusiastic and collaborative English teachers who would welcome a new colleague offering curriculum co-ordination and forward thinking for both Literature and Language. A Level experience in at least one subject is essential whilst experience in both subjects is desirable.
Particular duties associated with the role:
• Evaluate and co-ordinate the schemes of learning.
• In conjunction with the Assistant Curriculum Leader and Curriculum Leader, design appropriate assessments for KS5 where appropriate, including standardisation material.
• Analyse outcomes of assessments and report to the Curriculum Leader and advise improvements.
• Following formal assessments, organise moderation meetings as directed by Curriculum Leader.
• Investigate and organise appropriate enhancement activities for KS5 students.
• Co-ordinate and develop successful independent learning strategies across KS5.
• Organise opportunities for the sharing of good practice and pedagogy across KS5.
This is a full-time post from January 2021 or sooner and offers a fantastic opportunity for professional development.
Previous applicants need not apply.
‘The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers, prohibition order check and the Disclosure & Barring Service.’
Roman Catholic School in the Diocese of Northampton.
“Together towards our Lord through learning, love and faith”
Closing date: 24 November 2020
Interview date: To be confirmed
TLR2a (£2 796)
Applying for the job
Please visit the school website to apply.
More on how to apply