Landwork Teacher and Community Gardener
The Steiner Academy Hereford, Hereford, Herefordshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£21,391,.00 to £21,391,.00|
We are seeking an experienced landwork teacher to develop and deliver the landwork curriculum to ages 8-16 and to help embed science teaching into the existing frameworks. The role also includes managing and developing the school gardens.
The post is comprised of two components with differentiated pay rates:
0.8 landwork teacher Annual salary £22,571, actual annual salary based on 4 days is £18,057 (under review)
0.2 Year round gardener Annual salary £16,450, actual annual salary based on 7.5 hours per week is £3,334
We are looking for a suitable candidate who has;
• Professional experience of teaching children and young people in an outdoor setting.
• Experience of organic gardening, horticulture and market gardening.
• Excellent communication skills - an ability to build positive relationships
• Strong background in Science
• Experience of working with and a feeling for the natural environment;
• The ability to work independently;
Essential educational requirements
Horticulture / Land-based qualification to degree level or equivalent.
Permaculture Design Certificate
Essential skills and experience
• Training in bio-dynamic gardening
• Enthusiasm for connecting landwork with wider learning, specifically Steiner education
• Understand the benefits of working outdoors to wellbeing
• Able to manage, plan and evaluate learning in an outdoor setting.
• Able to carry out risk assessments
• Experience in managing small budgets and ordering resources
• Knowledge of permaculture and biodynamic principles
• Experience of small scale poultry husbandry (hens and ducks).
Combined commencing salary £21,391
The salary range for a full-time Landwork Teacher commences on £22,571, rising to £23,555 in your second year and £25,091 in your third year. The amounts are currently under review.
|Education phase||All Through|
|School size||332 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||3 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||The Steiner Academy Hereford website (opens in a new window)|
About The Steiner Academy Hereford
The Steiner Academy Hereford was formed in 2008 as a result of the interest of the then Department for Children, Schools and Families in providing innovative education to communities. The predecessor school (the Hereford Waldorf School) and the Steiner-Waldorf Schools Fellowship (SWSF) supported this move, and the Academy opened on 1st September 2008. The school caters for over 330 pupils from age 3-16 providing an innovative and varied curriculum based on Steiner principles and values. The Board of Governors are responsible for ensuring that the Academy operates appropriately within the statutory and legal requirements of an Academy school.
Much Dewchurch, Hereford, Herefordshire, HR2 8DL