Lead Autism Support Worker
The Springfields Academy, Calne, Wiltshire
|Working pattern||Part-time only|
|Salary||Grade H £24,313 - £26,317 pro rata|
We are looking for a Lead Autism Support Worker to assist in the support and inclusion of children with a wide range of special educational needs and difficulties within the Academy.
The position of Lead Autism Support Worker is an exciting opportunity for a passionate and compassionate individual to lead lessons, interventions and support our learners with autism,
We are looking for:
• A good knowledge and understanding of autism and social communication needs and appropriate strategies to support pupils with this need e.g. TEACHH
• Knowledge and understanding of social, emotional & mental health needs and cognitive needs, that effect children and young people’s development
• Excellent listening skills
• Ability to build strong, trusting relationships
• Resilience and ability to take regular responsibility for agreed learning/activities
• Promotion and support for the inclusion of all pupils in the learning and social skills activities
• Use of positive and personalised anxiety management strategies
We offer a competitive salary plus LGPS pension, 28 days’ holiday plus bank holidays rising to 31 days after 5 years, great career progression and development opportunities with many other benefits.More on how to apply
|Education phase||Not Applicable|
|School size||145 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||5 to 19|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||The Springfields Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About The Springfields Academy
The Springfields Academy is a Reach South Academy for young people aged 5-19 with autism. We have 150 pupils attending our Calne site and 40 pupils at our satellite provision in Salisbury. Our goal is to build safe independent lives for autistic young people through support, understanding and enablement.
Springfields is a fantastic, vibrant and caring community that engages pupils and develops positive attitudes to learning. Our autism approach is accessed by all our pupils and is personalised to meet specific needs. All our pupils have an education, health and care plan.
Curzon Street, Calne, Wiltshire, SN11 0DS