- View all Full timejobs - Permanent | Full time | 35 hours per week Monday to Friday from 07:00 to 15:00 I Holidays Out of School Term Time
Full-time equivalent salary
- NJC Scale 6, Point 18-20 - £30,063 to £31,155
LEAD CHEF job summary
are looking for a Lead Chef to take charge of food production and Upper School
service as well as lead training and development for work-related learning.
School Kitchen is partnered with Chefs in Schools – the charity transforming
school food and food education.
are not likely to get bored working with us. You will be helping with the
preparation of carefully prepared meals at a specialist school for children
diagnosed with ASD. You will also be in charge of training sixth formers on
kitchen work placement. At Phoenix School, we run a two-week menu cycle and
update our food offer with the seasons. We run lunch service from three school
sites, catering for 514 Students aged 3-25 and Staff. You will be working with
an eclectic team of chefs, most of whom with a background in fine dining. We
work with top-end suppliers to ensure the best available produce for our
exciting range of recipes. Our production is done out of a brand new kitchen,
with plenty of top-end equipment and toys. At Phoenix School Kitchen, we are
proud of fostering a supportive and friendly working environment. There will
always be space for your thoughts and your ideas.
- You have minimum 4 years’ experience working in a fast-paced kitchen
environment, preferably as a Sous or Head Chef.
- You are organised, focused, swift and high volumes do not intimidate
- You are comfortable with a wide range of culinary styles and are
particularly passionate about Mediterranean cuisine.
- You are known for your strong work ethic and as an outstanding team
- You work clean and tight, and have a minimum Level 2 certificate in food
- You have no qualm following a recipe and sticking to a process. You are
also happy to share your ideas and make suggestions for improvement.
- You are conscientious and purpose-driven, motivated by the mission of
improving lives of vulnerable children.
- You are a great communicator, a natural teacher and a keen learner.
Using the application form
How to apply:
To discuss the post further please contact Harriet Stirrup Head Lead Chef by email harriet.stirrup@Phoenix.towerhamlets.sch.uk or call 020 8980 4740.
Application form can be found on school website www.phoenix.towerhamlets.sch.uk
Please return your completed application to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 9am, Friday 7th October 2022
Shortlisting: 10th October 2022
Interview: 18th October 2022
It will not be possible to re-arrange these dates. If you are intending to apply, please ensure you are available to attend for an interview.More on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
Download an application form - 66.2 KB
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.