- Job role
- English, Media studies
- Working pattern
- Will consider full-time, part-time
- Contract type
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional qualified classroom practitioner to model outstanding teaching and learning and contribute to the development of this across the English Department and School.
The role will include developing the role of Instructional Coach and co-coaching activities, advising on classroom organisation and teaching practice, contributing to meetings both at middle leader’s level and as part of the whole school teaching and learning group and supporting the Head of Department in the development of an effective curriculum developing high quality CPD.
The successful candidate will be have a proven track record in delivering high quality lessons with outstanding student outcomes, excellent subject knowledge and the ability to support colleagues to a high standard.
You will be passionate about the role of teaching English and you must be able to teach across all key stages. You will be able to teach KS5 Media or desire to do so.
The English Department provides the opportunity to work within a well-qualified and experienced team to make a real difference to the learning of our young people.
Applying for the job
All applications must be received electronically via our TES page: https://www.tes.com/jobs/employer/blue-coat-school-and-music-college-1000375
If you experience any problems with the online application process please contact TES directly: email@example.com
If you have any queries about the post, please email firstname.lastname@example.orgMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 1670 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About Blue Coat Church of England School and Music CollegeAbout us
Blue Coat Church of England School & Music College is a successful and oversubscribed large secondary school in the heart of the city of Coventry with a vision ‘Living life in all its fullness’. As a Church of England school, our intake draws from both the local area and across the city and surrounding areas. We are a member of Inspire Education Trust, a Coventry based multi-academy trust which sets out to provide an environment where both staff and students can thrive, and putting children at the heart of everything we do.
Why work for us?
A career at Blue Coat offers a rewarding future, with the opportunity to make a real impact on the lives and outcomes of our young people. We understand the importance of providing a supportive and nurturing workplace for our staff. Our ethos is that a happy staff will deliver the best possible experience to our students. As such, we offer a portfolio of benefits designed to enhance and support the working lives of our staff. These include, but are not limited to:
- A highly supportive and committed Senior Leadership Team
- An effective continuing professional development (CPD) programme, including personalised training sessions and opportunities for both internal and external training
- Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24/7 confidential advice and support on a range of matters and access to accredited counsellors
- A focus on staff well-being and mental health including free counselling for staff, a full time chaplain, a Trust wellbeing group, strong relationships with Unions and a supportive working environment
- Opportunity to join a committed and forward thinking team of staff
- Employee Benefits programme providing staff access to a range of discounts and shopping vouchers.
Arranging a visit to Blue Coat Church of England School and Music College