Lead for Technology 0.6
We are looking to appoint a Lead for Technology (0.6 – three days) to play a pivotal role in the development of our fledgling Technology department.
1. To provide strategic direction for the Technology Department
2. To be accountable for the highest standards of teaching, learning and student achievement in the department.
3. To lead, develop and enhance the teaching practice of all teachers of Technology evaluating the quality of teaching, securing and sustaining the effective delivery of the subjects.
4. Analysis of school and national data to effectively identify areas of strength and areas for development that will inform interventions, targets and teaching methods.
3. Contribute to the school’s robust programme for self-evaluation at a Department and whole school level.
4. Monitoring and evaluate progress towards targets from Department Development Plans within the context of the School Development Plan. Contribute to the School Development Plan and SEF where directed.
5. Evaluating the Department’s work through the school’s Self Evaluation process and keeping an up to date Self Evaluation folder of evidence.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified teacher status or evidence of successful completion of PGCE or alternative training qualification (Schools Direct etc.)
Essential skills and experience
Experience of having worked successfully (either as teacher or as part of a placement) in a large secondary school setting
Proven, successful teaching experience in previous schools
Good knowledge of curriculum development and improvement
Knowledge and understanding
of current and future curriculum changes
Appropriate training and a willingness to continue training to manage the key areas and tasks outlined in the job description
Proven, excellent classroom management skills
Proven, excellent interpersonal relationship skills and the ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with students, parents and colleagues
An understanding of how students learn and improve their skills, knowledge and understanding
Evidence of good information
and communication technology skills
Thorough knowledge and understanding of subject area and how it can effectively be taught across the spectrum of age and ability
Excellent knowledge of achievement methods and measurement
About The Beaulieu Park School
- Armistice Avenue, Chelmsford, CM1 6DT
- All Through
- Free School