Lead KS5 Maths Teacher
Ark Bolingbroke Academy, London
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £31,242 to £51,913|
|Leadership level||Middle Leader|
An amazing opportunity has arisen for a dynamic Maths Teacher to develop their career within our passionate and ever courageous community. If you value your personal development apply now!
Lead KS5 Maths Teacher
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dedicated teacher to develop their career within our passionate and ever courageous community
We are a courageous, compassionate community - empowering excellence and ensuring we follow these values daily within every aspect of our lives at school.
We want all staff to thrive and demonstrate courage and determination when leading our students and pupils within our rich and diverse community. We opened in 2012 with the vision to create a centre of excellence in the community.
We empower our teams by valuing personal and team development. This is through weekly CPD sessions, frequent line management meetings and allowing staff to develop their own ideas and projects. Our staff’s wellbeing is key to creating a friendly supportive community within the school. Guided by our internal wellbeing committee we have a wide range of initiatives designed to improve the motivation and lives of our staff. This is supported by the Ark rewards scheme offering reduced gym membership, free counselling and support services and other perks.
The lead KS5 Maths teacher is a role at the centre of our school and within a successful, empowering and dynamic maths department. This is an opportunity to show what non-selective education can achieve for all pupils and students in our community.
Reports to: Head of Maths
Start date: September 2020
Salary: Ark MPS (£31,242 –£42,520) or UPS (£46,272 - £50,178) (Inner London) depending on experience with a TLR2A
Closing Date: April 21st, 2020: 11am (Candidates may be requested for interview throughout this time)
Link: https://arkcareers.engageats.co.uk/Vacancies/W/5180/0/263309/19505/lead-ks5-maths- teacher?utm_source=external&utm_term=london-secondary-ark-bolingbroke-academy-teaching-permanent-full-time&utm_content=lead-ks5-maths-teacher&utm_campaign=default-campaign&utm_medium=AtsViewLink
Leadership and Management
• Be an outstanding teacher, able to motivate and challenge learners of all abilities across Key Stages 3-5.
• Have experience leading the curriculum.
• The ability to lead others and inspire by in of the curriculum.
• To establish, develop and lead the Academy’s maths provision at Key Stage 5.
• Develop plans and processes for the classroom with measurable results. Interpret and develop results to make improvements in pupil achievement.
• To review and evaluate current exam boards against Ark standard creating strategic action plans.
Teaching and learning
• Exude a passion for maths which is evident in their day to day classroom practice.
• Have experience teaching at Key Stage 5, including further maths and mechanics.
• To design an engaging and challenging curriculum that inspires pupils to appreciate the subject and its application and which meets the needs of the pupils.
• To deliver outstanding teaching and learning of Maths, thereby helping pupils achieve excellent academic results.
• Have a proven track record of success and raising pupil attainment in maths.
School ethos and culture
• Be committed to Bolingbroke Academy’s ethos of high expectations.
• Demonstrate high levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the Academy and its pupils can achieve.
• Provide a nurturing classroom and academy environment that helps students to develop as learners.
• Enrich the curriculum with trips and visits to enhance the learning experience of all pupils.
• Have a passion to learn and develop your practice through regular CPD and feedback.
• The ability to question and challenge the status quo and find new and progressive solutions to existing systems.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
We offer weekly CPD sessions, regular reviews and line management meetings as well as benefiting from the vast array of Ark Training oportunities.
|School type||Free School|
|School size||710 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Ark Bolingbroke Academy website (opens in a new window)|
Wakehurst Road, London, SW11 6BF