This job expired on 30 January 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
30 January 2023 at 9am
12 January 2023
About Impington Village College
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1418 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Impington Village College website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01223 200400
Are you looking to join a school where workload is taken seriously, where teachers are given the time, flexibility and support they need to develop as fantastic practitioners, and where CPD is a core priority?
At Impington Village College, one of the highest performing schools in the country, we recruit and retain the very best teachers. We do this by offering:
• 20% PPA as standard (the equivalent of one day per week), with generous further reductions in non-contact for leaders and early career teachers
• Interventions, revision sessions and enrichment timetabled as part of your weekly teaching load
• A genuinely flexible approach to timetabling, including the possibility to work from home and late starts/early finishes to suit you and your family
• Weekly timetabled CPD with your department, avoiding unnecessary twilight sessions and protected from cover, and the chance to work collaboratively in a friendly and dynamic environment
• Reduced duties to ensure that staff get breaks during the day, with free tea and freshly brewed coffee provided daily
• An annual paid family day, as well as the possibility to arrange term-time leave by negotiation
• A very generous CPD budget, with a commitment to supporting further study and leadership development
• Countless opportunities for progression both within the school and the wider Trust
• Leaders who are supportive and approachable, who focus on finding solutions and enabling staff to thrive in order to help our students achieve their best
• An on-site gym and sports centre with a substantial staff discount and the chance to use facilities during the College day
• A recruitment and retention allowance of £3000 per year for exceptional candidates
If you are an enthusiastic, dedicated and talented teacher and you are looking for a fresh start for the new academic year or the opportunity to be well-supported through your early years of teaching, we would welcome an application from you. Part time candidates are welcome and as one of eight Flexible Working Ambassador Schools, we are experienced in helping colleagues to find the right balance for them.
We warmly invite interested candidates to attend a candidate Open Morning at the College on Tuesday 9th May between 8.30 and 10am. There will be a chance to meet senior leaders and the Executive Headteacher, and to go on a tour of the College. If you would like to attend, or wish to arrange an alternative time to visit, then please contact email@example.com
Maths outcomes at IVC are consistently among the highest nationally for both attainment and progress. This post also offers the opportunity to teach at IB level for the right candidate, where Maths is a core part of the Diploma Programme for all students, and where outcomes are well in excess of the national and international averages. You will also be joining us at an incredibly exciting time, as we embed the IB Middle Years Programme at Key Stage 3, and become the first 11-18 state school in the UK to offer three IB programmes. The Maths curriculum is exciting and well-resourced, with the department contributing regularly to the local Maths Hub.
Impington also benefits from being part of the Eastern Learning Alliance (ELA). ELA offer a sector leading staff benefits package alongside bespoke, high quality CPD programmes, cross-trust events, and exceptional opportunities for career development within our innovative family of schools. This includes healthcare, car, mobile phone and laptop payment plans, access to private GP services, physiotherapy and mental health support, discounts and access to ticket ballots for high profile events.
Our Trust is committed to equal opportunities, to safeguarding and the promotion of the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All staff are expected to share this commitment and undergo the appropriate checks. All positions within the Trust are subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references along with a Certificate of Good Conduct if applicable. Only applications submitted on using the ELA application form will be accepted. We do not accept applications by CV.
Please find the link to our school Safeguarding policy: https://www.impington.cambs.sch.uk/policies/
Why work for ELA:
An application pack is available from our website www.impington.cambs.sch.uk. Applicants must complete a College application form - we cannot accept CVs.
Closing Date: Friday 12th May
Interviews Tuesday 16th and Wednesday 17th May- we reserve the right to interview candidates prior to these dates.
Arranging a visit to Impington Village College
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed