Job title: Lead Practitioner in English
Reports to: Director of Standards and Outcomes (Salford Cluster)
Salary range: £52,000 - £58,000 per annum
Location: Salford City Academy, Irlam and Cadishead Academy, The Albion Academy and The Lowry Academy
Contract: Permanent, full-time
Start date: January 2023
Thank you for your interest in joining our United Learning Salford Cluster of 4 Academies. This is an opportunity to contribute to teaching and learning developments within the English departments within the cluster and have a positive impact on raising outcomes for our students. You will work with excellent curriculum and senior leaders who are passionate about improving the provision for all students within our Salford Academies.
Introduction to United Learning Salford Cluster
We consist of four 11-16 mixed comprehensive academies situated across the Salford Local Authority; Salford City Academy in Eccles, Irlam & Cadishead Academy in Irlam, Albion Academy in Charlestown and Lowry Academy in Little Hulton. All academies have shown significant improvement in GCSE outcomes in 2022; we are extremely proud of students and staff, their commitment to improving the Quality of Education for students is inspiring and creates such positive places to work.
We work collaboratively together on a range of school improvement areas such as curriculum, teaching and learning, personal development & well-being and leadership development. Middle and senior leaders meet regularly to share best practice and learn from each other in order to ensure we have high expectations of both students and staff. Whilst each of the Academies are unique and serve different communities within Salford there is a collective drive to ensure that all our students have access to the best teaching, outstanding enrichment and high-quality pastoral care and support. We care passionately about students in all schools, not just our own.
All four academies are strategically supported by our United Learning Regional Director, Nat Parnell and by a large team of subject advisers and leaders within United Learning. We work regionally and nationally and as part of our United Learning MAT we have access to high quality professional development and support. The opportunities for career progression and personal development are significant and the quality of CPD is high.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, dynamic and aspirational practitioner to work closely with four curriculum leaders to drive the progress of students in English. The role will operate across the four Academies. There will be opportunity to lead training on effective teaching strategies, model outstanding pedagogical approaches and significantly contribute to intervention programmes within each Academy. You will also have the opportunity to work with outstanding United Learning national Subject Advisers and leaders.
The successful candidate will:
· Be an outstanding teacher with excellent outcomes and the drive and passion to become a collaborative leader
· Have a proven track record of working with others to raise attainment within their subject
· Have a clear vision to improve outcomes for students in English
· Be able to demonstrate resilience, flexibility and creativity
· Be solution focused, and able to motivate staff and students
What you can expect from the Salford Cluster and United Learning:
· A collaborative and energetic leadership team who are passionate about improving the life chances of Salford students
· A high standard of induction into each team within the Salford Cluster; you will receive high quality CPD
· Working with Curriculum leaders, who are committed to curriculum innovation and consistently seeking to provide inspiring teaching within their departments
· Excellent opportunities for your professional development and an opportunity to network with colleagues both regionally and nationally within United learning
If you wish to discuss the details of this exciting post, please contact the Regional Director, Nat Parnell: firstname.lastname@example.org
It may be possible to arrange visits to one or more of the four Academies following that conversation.
Closing date: 9am on Tuesday 11th October 2022
Interviews: Wednesday 19th October 2022
To apply, please complete the online application form. We cannot accept CVs.
This job post has expired.