Join us in providing outstanding teaching and learning experiences for our pupils. We are looking for a qualified, experienced teacher to join Harris Academy South Norwood as Lead Practitioner of Mathematics at our Beulah Hill campus.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree, and, ideally, be able to show evidence of ongoing professional development
- Demonstrate outstanding teaching practice and excellent behaviour management
- Have experience of lesson observations and giving robust feedback
- Have experience of improvement planning and of implementing a range of strategies to raise student achievement, with evidence of success
- Be able to contribute to improving on the quality of learning and teaching and curriculum
- Have a proven track record of excellent results at KS3 and 4, and, ideally, experience of teaching to KS5
- Have experience of high quality pupil tracking and feedback practices
- Ideally, have experience of working with governors and of working in more than one school
Harris academy South Norwood, Beulah Hill campus is an extremely popular 11-19 academy that has been judged Outstanding by OFSTED since 2010. We deliver a broad and challenging curriculum to all our students in a calm and well-ordered environment. We have high expectations of all members of the school community. This is reflected in our consistently high student performance at GCSE, progression to post 16 study at our sixth form and then on to some of the best universities in the country.
The Beulah Hill Campus is a wonderful place to learn and teach. We have a very hardworking team of teachers and support staff; they provide a caring and welcoming atmosphere for our students. The Campus site is a huge site with close to 8 acres of school buildings, sports halls, gymnasium, tennis courts and large playing fields / athletic track thus providing excellent facilities for our students. The Beulah Hill campus also has full-time basketball and football coaches through its partnership with Greenhouse and Kinetic. We have recently invested over £1 million to further improve our outstanding facilities including the development of a state-of-the-art Design Technology room equipped with laser cuter and 3D Printers, Food room and a newly laid sports field to ensure all year-round sporting opportunities. The Academy has a limit of 800 places across Year 7-11.
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance for teachers on MPS/UPS, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, electric car scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
You will play a leading and highly visible role in the improvement of teaching and learning of the Faculty and academic success of all students, ensuring the highest standards of teaching, learning and achievement and leading in the monitoring, evaluation and review of standards and provision in the subject area.
The general expectations of this role are:
- To collaborate as a member of the Lead Practitioner Team in order to build and realise the shared vision of excellence and high standards for all students.
- To account for students' performance in line with Academy procedures.
- To provide the Governing Body with relevant and accurate information relating to the Faculty's performance and development.
- To support and participate in the work of the Harris Federation, including strand or subject groups as appropriate.
- To contribute actively towards the formulation of all Academy policies and procedures, ensuring their consistent implementation.
- To ensure high quality teaching and learning in the Faculty or across the Academy.
- To participate in duties at lunch, break, before, during and after school the Academy day.
- To ensure that the subject knowledge of staff in the Faculty is exemplary.
- To ensure that behaviour in the Faculty is exemplary.
- To ensure that Schemes of Learning and Independent Work books are of a high quality.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
This job post has expired.