Lead Practitioner in Maths
Lead Practitioner of Mathematics and Numeracy
Essential educational requirements
• Secondary teaching across the age, gender and ability range.
• Knowledge of the Curriculum
• Establishing high expectations of all students.
• Teaching Mathematics to KS3, KS4
• Extra-Curricular Activities
• Pastoral Experience e.g. Form Tutor
• How to enhance students learning to make learning vivid, challenging, enjoyable and real
• How to use ICT as a tool to enhance teaching and learning
• Evidence of further personal and professional training development and how this has been applied.
• Has enthusiasm and a vision for the future of Mathematics Faculty and its role in improving student life chances
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Degree in Maths or related subject
• SLE accredited or equivalent
• Higher qualifications such as a master’s degree or evidence of pursuit of further professional qualifications
• Coaching qualification
Essential skills and experience
• Relevant experience as a successful teacher in Maths in a secondary school
• Proven track record of raising student outcomes
• Use of intervention strategies to address identified issues for development
• Experience of delivering CPD or coaching staff to improve pedagogy or practice
• Awareness of the latest developments and initiatives in education
• Awareness of the new EIF
• Experience working/supporting colleagues in another school
• Minimum of 5 years teaching experience or strong evidence of practice as an outstanding teacher over a prolonged period.
About Woodrush High School
- Shawhurst Lane, Wythall, Worcestershire, B47 5JW
- Woodrush High School website (opens in a new window)